GOAL Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Titel: Senior Procurement Officer
Job in Ethiopia by GOAL Ethiopia
|JOB OPPORTUNITY Internal/External|
|Job title:||Senior Procurement Officer|
|Location:||Head office – Addis Ababa|
|Reports to:||Procurement Manager|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Closing date:||February 22, 2021|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOALis a non-for profit organizationthat has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the Position:
Senior Procurement Officer is responsible for supporting the sourcing and procurement of supplies, services and works in the most cost-effective manner and contribute to procedures and strategy considering the local context. Assist on day to day management of procurement & delivering the procurement functions smoothly and enabling environment for running the programmes/operations of GOAL Ethiopia programme.
Key Areas of Accountability/Duties
Planning and coordination:
· Assist Procurement Manager in reviewing the procurement plan through collective information and coordination with the programme team
· Regular follow-up and review of the procurement plan with the programme team.
· Where appropriate consolidate the supplies procurement and plan for combine procurement and ensuring value for money.
· Communicate with programme team, suppliers, service providers and procurement committee on any procurement delivery issues.
· With the support of the Procurement Manager assist in initiating framework agreement, Expression of Interest (pre-qualification of suppliers)
· Ensure procurement is conducted in line with GOAL policies and procedures and take lead on any procurement process as required
· Ensure orders are accurately drawn with the correct specifications, quantity, qualities and delivery requirements
· Review all request and purchase orders for completeness and conformance to user requirements.
· Document all procurement committee meeting minuets and keep the record for further use/ future reference.
· Involved in materials quality checking with the technical team and ensure the right quality product has been purchased in right time.
· Prepare Purchase Order and agreements for successful bidder and ensure the terms and conditions are detailed and maintained.
· Continued follow up on supply/works/service delivery and submit supplier documents with relevant and necessary supporting paperwork to finance for payment on time.
· Keep records of all procurement transactions as relevant both electronically and manually for audit trail.
· Ensure serialization of purchase requests is saved in the public shared drive for requesters/users to pick the serial number and fill in the details of the requested serial number
· Ensure ATCS (anti-terrorists checks) are conducted for all winning bidders as per the ATCS guideline
· Engage with market survey with the identified committee team and take lead and as when necessary.
· Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, UN agencies and other INGOs/NGOs with regards to Procurements matters.
· Perform any other duties as requested by the Line Manager
· Monitor the contract database, FWAs, Lease agreements, OTS, follow up on ongoing contracts and advise the PM/APM when the limits are close to being exceeded/reviews required etc.
· Maintain all copies of contract agreements relating to logistics and procurement, ensure the proper implementation of these contracts; notify and advice in writing next actions at least before two months of the expiry of any such contracts.
· Undertake supplier orientation and track supplier performance to provide further guidance and support whenever necessary by ensuring vendors follow all the tendering regulations, procedures and instructions
· Ensure the supplier database is maintained and updated with appropriate information and share it on quarterly basis with the Procurement Manager
· Liaise with the Procurement Manager on contract negotiation with supplier/service providers where the budget is less than the projected budget (as per the Procurement Section on Negotiation Strategy) to ensure the best value for GOAL on any kind of supplies, works and service purchase.
Shipment (Project/Field sites)
· Share with the Senior Logistics Officer the procurement purchase orders/contract annexes with pricing to ensure the field logisticians get the unit cost of items dispatched to their locations for SMT update.
· Liaison with Senior Logistics Officer to ensure clearing and forwarding agent issues on shipment is dealt with in time.
· Assist the PM in the initiating of the FWA and coming up with the expression of interest for all categories of purchase (pre-qualification of suppliers)
· Assist the PM in monitoring the Procurement Assistants and database management to ensure that the following files are correctly managed and coordinated
o Ensure Procurement files are well organized
o Ensure that the supplier/vendor lists, and price list of classified local suppliers is maintained and up to date
o Ensure the OTS, contract database and other procurement tracking tools are updated on regular basis and shared with the programme team, requesters and SMT on weekly basis
o Prepare monthly procurement reports including status of pending requisition and waivers.
o Keep track of all agreements with vendors and service providers
· Manage performance evaluation for procurement personnel under your line of management (Procurement Assistants/Database personnel) by providing direct technical support in collaboration with the Procurement Manager
Skills & Behaviours
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, programme clients and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Being assertive when it is required
· Understands the need for speed in emergencies values the need for speed without compromising the procurement processes
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Minimum 5 years INGOs working experience in logistics/procurement function and have adequate knowledge in procurement processes.
· Experience in procurements and well understanding of donor and GOAL procurement
· Minimum graduate from Business Discipline, MBA or equivalent will be preferred.
· Good working knowledge in English is essential, fluency in written and spoken English
· Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience in document handling and archiving
· Previous work experience with Humanitarian organization
· Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability/preparedness to quickly learn new systems and software.
· Ability to work independently and within team
· Ability to plan with good organizational skills, including prioritization and ability to work under pressure.
Desirable quality, skill and competence
· Certification in CIPS/Fritz
· Supplier contracts and framework agreement management is an advantage
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with Job Title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org (The vacancy reference number, Job Title along with the full name needs to be written on subject of the email, failing to do this will leads to disqualification) and on ethiojobs.net
- Applicants without access to internet can submit to the GOAL Ethiopia Regional Office at Meta reception.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.