World Vision Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regreening Africa Project Manager, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Title: Regreening Africa Project Manager
Job in Ethiopia by World Vision Ethiopia
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 55 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
Lead and coordinated evergreen agriculture project implementation, roll out project initiatives and ensure adherence to the NO strategy in the area. The incumbent will also be responsible to spearhead the design and implementation of an innovative intervention in the area. Related with, the post holder will provide strong technical back-up for APs, mobilize resources, build and maintain a strong partnership and networking with relevant partners for evergreen agriculture project scaling out, intensification and leveraging, and dissemination of best practices. The manager will be dedicated to implementation and refinement, where necessary of innovative extension approach and best practices within the country and abroad.
1. Major Responsibilities
· Capacity development for partner/stakeholder and AP team on Evergreen Agriculture Scaling Out/intensification and leveraging planned and executed
· Extension manuals, guides, and other tools for EGA implementation developed and disseminated actors in collaboration with ICRAF and CRS partners
· Mechanism for inter-and intra-country sharing of scaling/intensification approaches and good practices for the project execution developed
· APs EGA project coordination and partners capacity development on farmers and local stakeholder mobilization and capacity development support
· Dedicated for implementation and refinement, where necessary, of innovative extension approaches and best practice within the country and abroad
· Access to quality and contextually appropriate germplasm facilitated
· Engaged in practicing appropriate object setting and plan professional development tools like CFP to enhance better performance, smooth staff relations and accountability and staff development
· Organize and take part in end-line surveys and final analysis of the project outcomes and outputs and produce quality reports monthly, quarterly, and annually and submit to IFaNS head
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
· Qualification required: MSc in Natural resource management, Farm forestry, rural development, and other related fields.
· Experience: 6 masters’ year experience in managing/ coordinating development programs/ projects majorly those related to Agroforestry, FMNR, climate change, resilience rural livelihood in INGOs Context
· Working experience in community-led natural resource management and exposure to evergreen agriculture, climate-smart agriculture, and degraded land management
· Technical Training qualifications required: in CDM and carbon monitoring, climate change and natural resource management, conservation and sustainability, biodiversity, alternative energy sources
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
· Travel: 60% Domestic.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must require to attach Current CV & fill employment application form WVE’s official Application form which can be found https://www.wvi.org/sites/default/files/Employment%20application_2017_Last_0.docx and send prior to the application deadline of this vacancy announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org
Note: Write the job title on the subject line when you send the application.
World Vision Ethiopia is a child-focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Note: we don’t receive hard copies