ICAP is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Field Epidemiologist in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Regional Field Epidemiologist
Job in Ethiopia by ICAP
Regional Field Epidemiologist
Number of positions: 1
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Under the supervision of the regional director, the Regional Field Epidemiologist will support the regional implementation the HIV case-based surveillance activities including planning, training, implementation, data analysis, data dissemination, and evaluation of HIV surveillance activities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead the regional HIV case-based surveillance activities
· Support the regional implementation of HIV case reporting and HIV case-based surveillance
· Participate in the regional technical working group (TWG) meetings and forums related to HIV case-based surveillance
· Provide technical assistance to develop the capacity of HIV surveillance at regional and lower levels.
· Provide training to Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs)/Regional public health institute and PHEM staff on HIV case reporting and case-based surveillance
· Follow up collection of quality surveillance data through secured procedure and entry of the collected case report forms (CRF) to the database.
· Provide technical assistance and supervise HIV case based surveillance activities at regional, woreda, and health facility levels
· Conduct periodic assessment of the performance of the surveillance program including compliance with the protocol and confidentiality standards and provide feedback to all parties as appropriate
· Participate in data management, analysis, and dissemination of surveillance data through standard reports and publications, special reports and fact sheets, slide sets, and presentations; and respond to special data requests
· Track the progress and prepare HIV Case based surveillance progress reports
· Collaborate in knowledge management activities to document, share and archive data to build institutional memory as well as to inform programmatic direction.
· Perform other duties and/or responsibilities
· MD or MPH (health and health related background)
· Minimum five (5) years of experience in research, survey, public health surveillance
· Experience in HIV/AIDS epidemics investigation and response is an added advantage
· Incumbent needs to have basic computer skills in Epi info, SPSS, STATA, and experience in database management
· Strong oral and written skills in English
· Previous experience working with the RHBs or EPHI on HIV Case Based Surveillance is advantageous
· Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all partners.
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The closing date for receiving applications is – March 1, 2021