Job in Ethiopia: ICAP Ethiopia currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of HIS Advisor/Public Health Surveillance Data Analyst based in Oromia, Amhara, SNNPR, Ethiopia.
Job Title: HIS Advisor/Public Health Surveillance Data Analyst seconded to Oromia, Amhara, and SNNPR Regional Health Bureaus
(ICAP Ethiopia Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by ICAP Ethiopia
- Organization: ICAP
- Location: Oromia, Amhara, SNNPR
- Grade: Senior level
- Health Care
- Development and Project Management
- Years of experience: 5+ years
- Number of positions: Three
Under the supervision, of the Regional Health Bureau Head, the HIS advisor/Public Health Surveillance Data Analyst will support the Regional Health Bureau in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems that strengthen COVID-19 surveillance and other notifiable conditions, as well as perform complex data analysis. He/she will prepare reports and presentations that aim to produce better understanding and insights and develop data visualizations dashboard for COVID-19 surveillance activities which will be used for cluster/outbreak investigation. He/she is expected to work closely with the ICAP in Ethiopia and US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) surveillance and program team members and other partners.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Actively participate in the selection, development, testing, and implementation of the regional and national electronic surveillance data capturing, visualization, and reporting platform
· Design and develop data analytic platform for the COVID 19 surveillance and other notifiable conditions
· Review the quality of COVID 19 surveillance data such as timeliness, accuracy, and completeness, identify data quality issues and work with relevant team to address the issue
· Prepare COVID surveillance reports to support decision-making for COVID surveillance, outbreak, and response activities
· Assist in the preparation of findings from routine, administrative and surveillance reports to be incorporated as required in weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
· Design and develop COVID-19 surveillance data visualization dashboard in collaboration with Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI)
· Develop graphical presentations of surveillance data that can be used clearly to illustrate the findings
· Participate and assist, as needed in oversight of cluster and outbreak investigations.
· Undertake periodic supportive supervision and mentorship to the zone, woreda and health facility staff
· Provide training and support the zone, woreda and health facility staff in data analysis and interpretation
· Provide data related technical support, as required, to the Emergency Operation Centers (EOC) at regional level
· Attend meetings related to his/her responsibilities in COVID 19 surveillance data management
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or Health, and master’s degree in public health (MPH) or Health Informatics
· At least six (6) years of progressive professional experience in Health program preferably on HIV/AIDS and public health surveillance program data Management
· Familiarity with DHIS2, Tableau, Google Data platforms (Google form, Google sheet, Google data studio), RedCap, GIS, EMR-ART, CDR, PTQIT, etc.
· Proficiency in statistical analysis tools /software including Microsoft Excel, Access, EPI info, Stata, R, and SPSS, and data visualization tools (i.e., Google Data Studio, Excel, Tableau and Power BI)
· Proficient in preparing data collection tools, data entry, cleaning, analysis, and interpretation of epidemiological data
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work, including when under pressure
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language and official working language of the region
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – April 10, 2021