Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of the Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND) is a new programme, funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) to achieve progress towards global targets for the control and elimination of neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). NTDs are a group of infectious diseases that thrive in poor and often rural settings, affecting 1.6 billion of the world’s poorest people and causing disability, disfigurement, stigma and death. ASCEND will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma.
ASCEND will deliver a range of key interventions for controlling and eliminating NTDs in line with national strategies while ensuring a strong health systems approach is applied. ASCEND will also work to strengthen relevant building blocks of national health systems, supporting countries to provide the prevention, detection, treatment, and surveillance activities necessary to maintain the reduced disease burden in the longer term and prevent disease resurgence.
Crown Agents Limited has been appointed as the lead contractor for implementation of Lot 1 of ASCEND, focusing on twelve countries in Southern and East Africa and South Asia. These are Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, Zambia, Bangladesh, Nepal, and India.
The main responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
Under the direction of the Country Finance Officer and CL, Accounts Assistant will support to manage below accounting and payment related functions:
· Keep records of transaction carried out in the region and prepare vouchers and relevant supporting documents, working alongside the Provincial Finance team.
· Ensuring correct and approved exchange rate is applied.
· Carry out Installment reconciliation and other reconciliations.
· Assist country Finance officer to undertake a comprehensive review of expenses against funds spent documents of and prepare commentary.
· Work as a custodian of all vouchers and supporting documents of ASCEND and keep safely for future reference.
· Prepare updated financial reports and ensure they are submitted to the Federal MOH on a timely basis.
· Support on the coordination of TPM requests as and when necessary.
· Scan receipts of sampled transactions for spot checks by the C&C team.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accountant and Finance or other finance and accountant qualification
· 3 years of relevant experience in financial accounting and financial reporting.
· Experience working with FCDO or equivalent and familiarity with the various compliance rules and regulations highly desirable
· Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, and be proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism
· Excellent skills in coordination among the team.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent competency in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Willing to work in a diverse work environment with passion and patience.
· Willing to make travels as per the need.
· position to be based at the regional level sitting in the region
How to apply
Send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to “firstname.lastname@example.org” by 7th March 2021
Note: This position is a Nationals-only position.