NRC is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Gambela, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job in Ethiopia by NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Reports to: M&E Coordinator
Supervision of: N/A
Duty station: Gambella
Project number: Various
Duration and type of contract: 10 months – fixed term contract
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the M&E Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the M&E Officer position is to contribute with specific technical competences to project design and implementation. M&E Officer will provide technical support to area staff pertaining to M&E, and build their capacity by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful M&E systems.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidelines and standards;
- Ensure compliance with country- and regional M&E framework and tools, and NRC handbooks, guidelines and standards, and ensure implementation M&E systems in Gambella area, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools;
- Support programme staff in planning and executing M&E, including data collection methodology and tools, and data management, analysis and use;
- Ensure a good documentation at field level;
- Compile data for indicator tracking sheets, PCM tracker and other regular M&E reports, and ensure timely submission;
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor project activities and provide technical support to project implementation teams and feedback to programme team
- Lead beneficiary verification processes to ensure adherence to eligibility criteria.
- Support periodic assessments such as need assessments, baselines, midterm and end line evaluation of programs/post distribution monitoring (PDM).
- Periodically audit beneficiary data to ensure accuracy of targets achieved during implementation.
- Participate and work with CC on data feeding. management, analysis and reporting to finalize project design and closure
- Support in reviewing project proposals and provide inputs on project target setting and logical framework development;
- Support the development of standard M&E tools for collection of data for output, outcome and impact level indicators in collaboration with relevant programme staff;
- Take role in using digital data collection methods using mobile phone;
- Ensure proper filing of documents online (Office365) and in hardcopies.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- BA/MA/MSc in economics, statistics, social sciences, rural development, or other relevant educational background combined with professional experience;
- At least 4 years’ experience from working with M&E in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably with multi sectoral and integrated programmes;
- Experience with principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in emergency response and/or development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access);
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the operating context in Gambella Region;
- Knowledge of the local languages Amharic, Nuer and /or Agnuak is an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills;
- Strong organisational and team working skills;
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential, and good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Team work and team management
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
How to Apply
All applicants should apply only through www.nrc.no/vacancies
This Vacancy Announcement is open ONLY to Ethiopian Nationals.
“Qualified Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”