FH Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihood Specialist in Addis Ababa
Livelihood Specialist Job by FH Ethiopia
The Livelihood Specialist is responsible for the overall technical backstopping of livelihood interventions of the country office across all programs. The position is also responsible for assessing funding opportunities and supporting technical proposals that reflect FH’s competitive advantage as per the respective donor’s rules and regulations
Key Result #1. Program Design
1. Take lead in needs assessment, design and livelihood proposals developments to donors in order to ensure sustainable funding sources for the organization;
2. Advise the country Program leadership on possible funding opportunities and FH competitive advantages.
3. Actively work with the Business Development Manager in developing on the shelf proposals
4. Search for global, regional, and national best practices, livelihood adaptation measures that can be introduced through possible FH Interventions
Key Result #2 Program Implementation
1. Prepare/update Livelihood operational guide, which will be used by field staff for program implementation;
2. Ensures implementation of Livelihood and Agri. Activities are environmentally sound;
3. Ensure Adherence of the PIM and donor regulations during Livelihood related activities across FH program implementations;
Key Result #3 – Capacity Building Activities
1. Identify observed capacity gaps of current livelihood program interventions and make necessary recommendations for improvement
2. Identify innovative and research-based new technologies and work for its adoption to the program areas;
3. Responsible for preparing training manuals and guidelines which will be used by different program staff and partners in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating Livelihood interventions;
4. Provides on the job training and technical backstopping to field level Livelihood staff;
Key Result #4 – Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
1. Work closely with the DME Unit in designing monitoring tools for Livelihood interventions as per different donor requirements
2. Participate in evaluating periodic progress reports and provide feedback to ensure quality and consistency of reports;
3. Keep proper documentation of project proposals, periodic reports, agreements, and other documents
4. Participate in the mid-term and terminal evaluation of livelihood interventions.
5. Represent FH Ethiopia in different Donor/ partner learning forums and disseminate learnings across program interventions
Food for the Hungry/ FHE is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable at risk. All personnel is expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in termination.
· Publicly endorse FH is gender-sensitive and inform the mandates of the Gender & Diversity groups, gender advisors, and gender focal points.
· Approve funding for a full slate of gender activities and implementation
· Enforce the sexual harassment policy and on-field visits, raise gender issues with staff, and spend time with Gender Focal Points.
· Work with HR to make recruitment more “gender-friendly”, with gender-sensitive interview panels.
Safety & Security Responsibility
· Encourages compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
· Takes the lead in the management of Safety and Security in the Head Office and Projects. This includes identifying factors that increase risk, finding ways to reduce risk, and planning ahead;
· Ensuring that all employees, local/foreign interns, as well as external consultants submit an updated Record of Emergency Data to their travels out of their base stations to accomplish FHE’s mission.
· Communicating with staffs in Field Offices and operational areas periodically and making sure that all staff members are aware of the safety and security procedures;
· Facilitating implementation and revision of Country Office procedures when required. This includes identifying potentially risky situations and suggesting corrective measures.
Job Level Specifications
· Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
· Proven expertise with USAID, UN, OFDA, DFID, WFP, FAO rules, and regulations.
· Comfortable and persuasive when speaking before both large and small groups.
· Ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization and across organizational and cultural boundaries.
· Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google platform, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or GoToMeeting.
· Thorough understanding of development and/or missions.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· 8 years relevant experience preferably in a similar NGO setting
· BSc. Degree preferred in Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Rural Development and Agricultural Extension, or related field Masters is preferred.
How to Apply
- Competent candidates can submit ONLY their applications with CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates MUST refer to the position title on the subject line of their email and applications