Job Title: Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor
(SNV Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by SNV
- Organization: SNV
- Location: Dessie, Ethiopia
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Business Administration,
- community development and adult education,
- rural development
- Closing Date: Jun 13, 2021
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is a Dutch-based, non for profit foreign charity operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in the eight+ regional states of Ethiopia which include– Addis Ababa, Afar, Somali, Gambella, Benishangul, SNNPR, Oromia, Amhara and Tigray regional states, providing technical assistance and program implementation in the major 3 sectors including Agriculture, WASH, and Energy. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian Need people through best practices in value chain, market, and youth and gender. Through its work in the three sectors, SNV in Ethiopia supports the development of a number of value chains and commodities to improve the Livelihoods. This takes a value chain and market development approach, with special focus on improving access to sustainable markets for smallholder farmers, youths, urban development and by developing business-to-business relations and improving business development services.
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
Summary of the position
Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor will be responsible for the project day to day implementation within the project targeted area with the objective to identify opportunities and link young women(70%) and men for employment. The Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor will provide both programmatic and administrative support to youth employment intervention being implemented by RAYEE project. S/he will work with youth, youth groups and structures, local government, private sector and other partners for the delivery of the project activities. The advisor will work jointly with the national technical team and other SNV project staff to deliver the assigned task.
The specific responsibilities of the job holder are the following:
- Training and Capacity Development
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Networking, Learning and Representation
Should you may need to see the detail of the Job description you can see by clicking the below link:
A Master or Bachelor degree in ﬁeld (s) such as: Business, Business Administration, economics, marketing, Agri business, Agriculture, entrepreneurship, community development and adult education, finance, rural development, and/or related courses
- At 8 and above years’ experience in enterprise development, Agri business development, youth employment and livelihoods, marketing, microenterprise development, community based financial service, microfinance.
- Good facilitation skill.
- Experiences of working in NGOs; and communities at grass root level are advantages.
- Understanding of enterprise and value chain/agri business development.
- Strong networking, partnership and interpersonal skills.
- Training planning and delivery skills
- Excellent understanding of the culture and ways of living of target communities.
- Speaks the local language ﬂuently
- Good written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and excellent awareness about communities, government structure and etc.
- Good report writing skill and able to collect document and share records and information.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Ability and Willingness to frequently travel to all project locations
- work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector.
- Computer proficiency is required.
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 13 June 2021. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject/reference.
women candidates are highly encaraged to apply
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a 2 years contract with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience with an attractive benefits package. SNV is a global organization committed to bringing different people, ideas, and perspectives together. We invite especially women to submit their application as we want to increase the number of women in leadership positions.