Job in Ethiopia: HEKS/EPER Ethiopia currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Grant Acquisition Manager Africa based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Regional Grant Acquisition Manager Africa, 80-100%
(HEKS/EPER Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by HEKS/EPER Ethiopia
HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and diaconal work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged people.
Are you passionate about business development to improve social justice, particularly in Africa? HEKS/EPER is seeking to strengthen, increase and consolidate its performance with regards to grant acquisition in our Africa portfolio. With a view to providing additional and more targeted support to our Country Offices in Africa, HEKS/EPER is looking to recruit an experienced, motivated candidate to take grant acquisition to the next level.
Regional Grant Acquisition Manager Africa, 80-100%
· Identification of funding opportunities and proposal development
o Identification of donors and funding opportunities in line with HEKS/EPER’s global strategic goals and country programs through donor mapping, opportunity screening and effective networking.
o Supporting or leading the proposal development process, incl. project design and proposal writing as required, liaising with relevant teams (M&E, finance, thematic advisory).
o You ensure high quality and compliance of proposals with regards to content, structure and budget, as well as timely submission.
· Donor relations
o In coordination with Country Directors and HQ, engage with key donors.
o Represent HEKS/EPER at external events for visibility and networking.
o Conduct donor research, prepare donor briefings, and contribute to developing communication material.
· Capacity building/ knowledge management
o Contribute to capacity building of HEKS/EPER and local partners’ staff on grant acquisition, donor compliance, grants business data collection and analysis and other relevant topics.
o Support organizational learning and knowledge management related to grant acquisition, incl. support to Grant Acquisition Community of Practice.
· University degree in International Development, International Relations, Communication, Macro-Economics, or related field.
· Min. 5 – 7 years’ professional experience in a grant acquisition/ institutional fundraising role in the international development or humanitarian aid sector; field experience a plus.
· Proven track record of successful acquisition of grants from bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g. EU, SDC, USAID, UN agencies) and/or international foundations; you are familiar with donor strategies, eligibility requirements, compliance and submission processes.
· Excellent knowledge of project design (logframe, budget), Project Cycle Management (PCM).
· You deliver results within tight deadlines. As an effective networker, you enjoy engaging with teams and stakeholders across different cultures.
· Language skills: Excellent English (C2 level) and solid French are mandatory; German, Spanish or Portuguese an asset.
· Readiness to travel extensively to African country offices and internationally.
· An opportunity to make a difference in this world.
· An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context.
· A dedicated and multi-disciplinary team.
· A competitive salary package, 5 weeks annual leave.
· Modern working conditions (flexible working hours, attractive parental leave policy).
· Opportunities for continued professional development.
· An open-ended contract.
· Duty station: to be discussed; preferably in Switzerland or in one of our 17 coordination offices.
How to apply:
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your complete application documents (CV, cover letter and certificates). Only online applications will be considered.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Preferred start date: as soon as possible.
Marisa Althaus-Vojta, Head of Grant Acquisition and Strategic Partnerships, is at your disposal for further information: +41 44 360 88 95.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.