Medicins Sans Frontiers - Holland
Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator Assistant in Midregenet (former Abdurafi), Ethiopia.
Job Title: Project Coordinator Assistant
Job in Ethiopia by Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland
Médecins Sans FrontièresMSF-Holland
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
|· Position Title: Project Coordinator Assistant |
· No. of Positions: One
· Place of Work: Abdurafi / Midre Genet Project, Amhara Region.
· Reports To (direct and functional supervision): Project Coordinator
· Terms of Employment: 6 months with possibility of extension
· Remuneration and Benefits:
– Starting Gross Salary: 15,556.00 ETB
– Medical Cover: As per the organization’s policy
– Hardship Allowance: 25% of salary with maximum amount of Birr 5,500
Vacancy Posted from09 February 2021to16 February 2021 ( 6 Working Days)
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organisation that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF-Holland in Ethiopia currently operates in three projects (Abdurafi / Midre Genet project in Amhara Region, Wardher Project in Somali Region and Kule Project in Gambella region) with a diversified workforce.
|Main Purpose / Job Summary: Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project|
|General Position Accountabilities:|
• Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
• File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
• Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
• Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
• Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
• Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
• Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
· Evaluating the project`s context and security monitoring capacity as well as the current flow of security related information, proposing improvements if necessary
· Identifying and categorizing potential areas of operation and routing per level of risk in the project. Advising on necessary improvements in order to mitigate the risk and minimize the impact of each type of incident
· Assists in the implementation of advocacy activities locally
· Participates in the elaboration and updating of the project Risk Analysis.
· Providing a weekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments.
· Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook
· Hosting weekly project meetings.
· Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
|Desirable, university degree.|
|Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs|
|Excellent written and verbal communication skills|
Good computer skills: MS Word and Excel
• Stress Management
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable and up-to-date CV and cover letter including clear photocopies of all supporting documents via any one of the below-mentioned locations.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates with the required experience and qualifications as well as clear and validated documentation will be called upon to attend a further assessment.
Job in Ethiopia by Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland
To apply for this job please visit www.msf.org.