Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/ethiojobscom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/remove-footer-credit/remove-footer-credit.php on line 116
Website LIGHT FOR THE WORLD
LIGHT FOR THE WORLD is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of PROGRAM MANAGER in Addis Ababa.
Actively engage in planning, implementation and managing of Inclusive Education/IE/ and Disability Inclusion in Community Development/DICD/ projects to enable LIGHT FOR THE WORLD to turn its vision on inclusive development into reality. The role holder will be responsible for effective and efficient coordination and implementation of inclusive education and disability inclusion in community development projects with MoE and MoLSA at federal level and support and work closely with Light for the World’s Implementing Partners in Oromia Regional State and Addis Ababa City Administration. Furthermore, the role holder will engage in networking with other NGO actors engaged in inclusive education and disability inclusion in community development and relevant stakeholders in the areas. The position further encompasses roles that will emanate from Light for the World Ethiopia’ s country strategic plan (2021-2025)
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Support government and local implementing partners in the project cycle management.
- Coordinate the appraisals of projects’ proposals and prepare the necessary Program Description documents, both narrative, budget and partners assessment for internal and donor approval. Besides, take the lead in projects agreement preparation, project budget monitoring and analysis and carry out emerging responsibilities as per the Ethiopia Hub’s balancing roles and responsibilities.
- Provide organized technical supports and hold regular projects monitoring and supportive supervision visits to government and local implementing partners for effective implementation of project activities and efficient utilization of projects’ budget.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship and communication with partners organizations and project staff through continuous communication, required supports provision and frequent projects field visits. Ensure flow of information and exchange of ideas through active dialogue with staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the Country’s Office Strategic plan development on inclusive education and disability inclusion in community development in collaboration with the respective International and Country Office team.
- Conduct government’s and local implementing partners’ capacity needs assessments and develop capacity building plans for selected needy priority areas for implementation and support, including the project cycle management and project budget preparation and monitoring.
- Ensure the quality of work and services provided by implementing partners are up to the standard and meet the results stipulated in the Country’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate implementing partners quality reports and APOM data submission and lead to review bi-annual and annual projects reports, both, narrative and budget and provide constructive feedback on time to partners for final submission and approval.
- Review the Country’s Education Sector Development Plan, policy and strategy for inclusive education and the National Strategic plan for disability inclusion in community development to provide inputs during development as well as recommend Light for the World’s plans and priorities for implementing partners.
- Work closely with different teams in the country office and those based internationally as well as with implementing partners and play active roles in your projects M&E framework development, baseline, mid and end line assessments and projects’ evaluation as well as Annual Partner Output Monitoring data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Work closely with the International Program and Partnership Development team to diversify projects funding sources for agreed and strategic projects in the country.
- Actively participate in the regular emergency in education cluster, ECCE taskforce, National CBR network meetings and proactively involve in the alliance building initiatives for IE and DICD projects and policy advocacy in coordination with DCD and CD.
- Responsible for advocacy related activities, by engaging organizations of people with disabilities, at different levels in mandate areas and play an active role in networking with likeminded organizations so as to influence policy and implementation;
- Liaise with the different undertakings in the organization, create synergy and complementarity to reach the intended goal of Light for the World.
- Assist and work with the Country Office’s Communication Manager in collecting human interest stories/successes stories and best practices as well as organize donors, government officials and media personnel projects sites visits.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as it deemed necessary and as requested by the Deputy Country Director and provide overall support to the Country office program implementation and administrations.
Master’s degree in Special Needs Education, Education, Curriculum, development studies or other closely related fields.
Experience and Skills
At least 8 years of project cycle management experiences of which 5 years in the management of education and disability inclusion projects. i.e. inclusive education and or disability inclusion in community development projects both at community and policy levels required. Prior experience in NGO setup is required. You must have good social attitude and ability to operate in a multifaceted cultural setting. Your interest in development cooperation, in particular on the inclusion of people with disabilities is vital.
Skills and interests
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English is a must.
- Excellent reports writing skills.
- Ability to communicate and speak Affan Oromo language would be an asset.
- Ability to work and coordinate effectively with local government partners and civil society organizations.
- Strong belief in teamwork, and appreciating differences and values, as well as being willing to learn from cultural diversities.
- Proficiency in using software applications and tools such as MS Office, web conferencing applications etc…
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through a young and dynamic organisation with a strong profile, track record and space for exploring new directions, testing new ideas and allowing you to excel as an individual and with your team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. All employees carry responsibility for their fields of action and for reaching the defined targets. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas also outside of your focus areas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing.
based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with 25% travel to projects areas/sites. This position reports to Light for the World Ethipoia, Deputy Country Director.
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than 2nd August 2020 before close of office hour. Please apply exclusively online via our application tool: email@example.com A complete CV and a cover letter including an indication of your salary expectation are important as parts of the application. Please indicate contact details of at least two professional references. Please also let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable for the role.
We highly encourage applications from women and people with disabilities. Please also indicate your disability status on your CV.
LIGHT FOR THE WORLD International
Country Office Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
To apply for this job please visit light-for-the-world.org.