Save the Children
Job in Ethiopia: Save the Children currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Hub HR Manager in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Hub HR Manager
(Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Save the Children
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Direct Reports to: HR Director
Dotted line reports to: Program Operations Director
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Recruitment and selection:
- Liaise with the hub team and field offices in identifying their HR needs, develop HR plan and ensure that the recruitment process is initiated.
- Ensure that recruitment tracker is completed for each open position at different stages of the recruitment process.
- Oversee recruitment and interview plan is put in place for each open position and ensure recruiting managers are provided with constant update regarding open vacancies.
- Ensure FO HR Coordinators/Officers follow up recruitments with hiring managers regarding pending vacancies and provide support as needed in terms of reigniting any halted process and terminate the process if not needed.
- Ensure that open positions are efficiently and effectively filled with high caliber staff.
- Produce a regular recruitment update and quarter report.
- Work together with hiring managers to ensure gender diversity and equality is addressed in the recruitment process
- Oversee reference check is performed for potential employees
- Ensure that regret letters are sent out to candidates who reached the interview stage
- Actively take part in interviewing and selecting employees when deemed necessary.
- Assist the preparation and sending of offer packages.
- Coordinate with the CO HR team for inter-team support on recruitment activities.
- Support FOs in processing recruitments when needed by travelling to FOs or remotely as appropriate.
- Coordinate staff promotion, transfer, TDY, acting assignment and other related activities when requested in accordance with SCI HR policies and authority matrix
- Oversee proper implementation of staff benefits package for Field office staffs and ensure that records are maintained and updated.
- Ensure that exit procedures are properly followed during staff separation.
- Support initiatives on staff wellbeing program.
- Liaise with line managers on planning and utilization of annual leave by creating proper awareness and making negotiations if necessary.
- Gather required staffing information and communicate to the insurance company within 3 days for inclusion of new staffs in the existing insurance policies and exclusion of separated staffs.
- Ensure that new staffs are registered with the government pension scheme and required documentations are submitted to POESSA.
Training and Development
- Coordinate development of annual training plan for the hub based on communicated needs through the performance review process and follow up and monitor successful implementation.
- Coordinate with CO HR team and other functions to ensure that staff capacity building initiatives accommodate relevant staffs of respective field offices of the hub.
- Build and coordinate the capacity of all HR staffs of the hub and its field offices.
- Maintain training database and truckers for management feedback.
- Provides coaching and development to HR Coordinators/Officers at field levels to enhance their skills in providing excellent HR service.
- Work together with relevant CO HR team to ensures proper filing of monthly and quarterly reports regarding training and development activities, highlighting areas for further support and strengthening.
- Ensure that new hires receive mandatory online trainings on safety & security and child safeguarding and appropriate level of scheduled inductions on SCI Fraud policy, HR Policies & practices, organizational vision & mission, work processes, etc.
- Ensure that the performance of field staffs is managed with the existing performance management process inclusive of setting of job objectives, mid-term performance review and annual performance assessments.
- Ensure that probationary objectives are developed for probationers and their performances are reviewed accordingly for decision.
- Work with and support managers to assess development needs and performance gap analysis of their respective staffs.
- Ensure and provide training to new joiners on SCI performance management process.
- Ensure implementation of merit based salary increment on annual basis
- Counsel and coach managers on employee related issues and promote an engaged and positive culture;
- Appropriately investigate and resolve grievances and complaints;
- Conduct confidential assessment, short-term counselling, and follow-up services to field office based employees who have personal and/or work-related problems that affect attendance, work performance, and conduct.
HRIS and Effort Reporting
- Coordinate and monitor the registration of new employees into the HRIS system and ensure updating of staffing changes on the system within 3 days.
- Provides Human Resources information for management and staff based on data analysis and interpretations.
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of all staff records whether manual or computer maintained.
- Coordinate submission of required HR information to CO HRIS Coordinator on regular basis and when requested.
- Liaise with managers and employees and ensure online submission of timesheet as per the standard set timeline.
- Work together with CO HR team to establish a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the organization, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and replicate good HR practices.
Reporting and communication
- Prepare and present to Deputy HR director and POD comprehensive monthly/quarterly report on key result areas in relation to the post.
- Assist the Deputy HR Director in the preparation of the annual HRD department report.
- Prepare reports of field visits conducted and share with concerned FOMs, FO HR person and Deputy HRD.
- Together with other team, conduct periodic visit to field offices in support of HRD activities.
- Ensure maintenance of personal files with all required documents in each FO and flag non-compliance for appropriate measures.
- Maintain updated structure of the hub and its field offices and assist managers in implementation of changes on structural arrangement.
- Assist in the development and updating of HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide necessary support and HR information to POD as demanded.
- Perform other special HR projects as assigned
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
KEY COMPETENCIES (Save the Children competency framework
- Developing Self & Others (Accomplished)
- Problem Solving and decision Making (Accomplished)
- Working effectively with others (Accomplished)
- Communicating with impact (Accomplished)
- Networking (Accomplished)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BA degree in Human Resource, Business Administration and/or Management. M.A. degree in relevant field of study is preferable.
- 8 years of relevant experience as generalist, out of which 3 years of experience at managerial or Specialist or on a more senior HR role
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Experience working in a large and complex organizational set up
- Experience in staff management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY.
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Effective -excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and delegate
- Ability to seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change.
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved
- Enthusiastic team player
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate Gender sensitivity in all responsibilities.
- Capable of working on own projects and taking responsibility for work load
- Ability to work in a complex challenging and sensitive environment
- Self starter
- Analytical mind
- Possess good judgment and decision making capability
How to Apply
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.