Jobs in Ethiopia: HelpAge International is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication and Documentation Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Communication and Documentation Officer- Ethiopia
(HelpAge International Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by HelpAge International
- Organization: HelpAge International
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid Leve
- Years of Experience: 2+
- Sales and Marketing, Communications, PR and Journalism, Languages
- Closing Date: Jun 15, 2021
Responsible to: Country Director
- External: Other INGOs, LNGOs, donors and HelpAge network members.
- Internal: Ethiopia Programme and Support Team, Global Communications Department
Contract 1 year, with possibility of extension
HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally. At the core of this network, are civil society members, a group of civil society organisations working with older people around the world. These organisations share a vision of a world in which all older people are valued, and lead dignified, healthy and secure lives.
HelpAge has been operating in Ethiopia since 1992 in thematic sectors including social protection, health and wellbeing, emergency response, capacity building of partners and advocacy efforts. We work closely with our network members Ethiopian Elderly Pensioners National Association (EEPNA), Tesfa Social Development Association (TSDA) and other implementing partners, in programming as well as campaigning efforts.
To develop and implement a national communication strategy, maintaining, reviewing and managing systems for processing and sharing of information for the HelpAge Ethiopia team, network members and partners, to gather and process information in support of initiatives in the country and to act as the main point of contact on communication issues between HelpAge Ethiopia, global office and supporting members
- Develop Ethiopia communications and advocacy strategy and ensure its implementation
- Promote HelpAge communications to key stakeholders, within the global network and other organisations interested in older people’s issues in the country
- Process and organise the information flowing to the Ethiopia office, contributing to the work of the HelpAge
- Build alliances and communications network in Ethiopia, including with HelpAge network members and partners.
Media and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain relationships with national, regional and international media based in Ethiopia; pitch stories as appropriate; write press releases, articles, and other media content; and respond to media requests as needed.
- Accompany and support media on visits to country office and to partners and project areas
- Monitor coverage of HelpAge key issues in Ethiopian media and track HelpAge media hits
- Develop contents and manage social media accounts of HelpAge in Ethiopia
- Assist the CD in preparing press releases and keynote addresses
Publications, Documentations and Video
- Ensure adherence to HelpAge’s policies, brand manual and donor requirements in all Internal and external communications.
- Produce appropriate publications such as quarterly newspaper, case studies, briefing notes, capability statements and fact sheets to targeted audiences for information sharing, partnership building and experience sharing.
- Coordinate writing, editorial and proofreading support in HelpAge Ethiopia.
- Manage external consultants i.e. designers, photographers, writers as appropriate.
- Ensure all communication materials produced follow HelpAge house style.
- Oversee the production, distribution and promotion of any videos produced by HelpAge Ethiopia; oversee the plan, script/content, filming and editing according the agreed audience and purpose and for consistency and quality; manage the outsourcing of video projects to a production outfit (or individual contractors) as needed.
- Promote increased use of HelpAge’s resource centre by staff and partner organization
- Market HelpAge publications to HelpAge network members, donors, international organisations, and potential readers
Events and Partnership Management
- Coordinate with other staff and partner in commemoration of key international events
- Support external communications especially related to campaigning initiatives, with different stakeholders (this may involve knowing or identifying relevant stakeholders, i.e., the network members, other organisations, media), either directly as HelpAge or through the network members, highlighting issues of older people.
- Support the documentation of high-profile meetings and conferences, in consultation with the Country Director
- Collaborate with like-minded organizations to promote the wellbeing of older people in Ethiopia
- Update the Ethiopia section of the HelpAge website, ensuring up to date information on projects and network members, Ethiopian publications and regular news stories.
- Oversee information update on HelpAge intranet for Ethiopia section and other key sections
- Regular blogging and use of social media or other features to promote learning across partner organizations
- Act as the focal person to cascade staff training on use of Office 365, SharePoint/One drive, Virtual meetings and other features
- Strengthen the capacity of partner organisations in communication and accompany these organisations in implementing their communication plans.
- Manage and work with programme staff to promote information sharing within Ethiopia, and globally.
- Assist in Documentation of Program Operations Meetings
- Manage contract Management systems ( CMS/ADDs) and ensure all important documents are timely uploaded
- Coordinate the gathering, filing and use of the photographic and video documentation in the country office
- Support staff in branding presentations, preparing and organising exhibits
- Participate in conferences, seminars and meetings as appropriate
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Country Director
Our Values: Everyone who works at HelpAge shares our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
Inclusive : We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
Impact : We value and recognize the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
Partners : We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
Learning : We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
- At least a first university degree or equivalent in literature, language, marketing or communications.
- At least three years’ experience of relevant experience in producing communications materials for public audiences and working with photographic resources.
- Experience of writing material for web, using social media platforms.
- Experience of managing information using databases.
- Fluent English.
- Experience of writing press releases, pitching ideas to media and briefing journalists
- Proven ability to write accessibly for different audiences and to interpret information for them.
- Editing, proofreading and production skills.
- Project management including budgeting, commissioning and managing external service providers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to advise staff and management on media issues.
- Ability to work as a team and on own initiative without the need for prompting from others
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage a varied workload under pressure to deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to be self-servicing, including word-processing, photocopying, database management and filing.
- Ability with IT and experience in the use of a variety of editing and publishing software.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, ageing and development issues.
- Knowledge of international print, broadcast and electronic development media.
- Experience or understanding of campaigning for positive change
How to Apply
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, including your expected salary.
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV) not more than 4 pages, with a minimum of two referees, including your most recent line manager.
- Send your application by email to email@example.com before the closing date. Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in subject line of your mail.