NGO Jobs in Ethiopia: ACTED is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of CASH Project Officer in Jijiga, Ethiopia.
Job Title: CASH Project Officer
Job in Ethiopia by ACTED
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Direct Hierarchy: Cash Project Manager
Contract duration: Fixed
Starting date: April 2021
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill CASH Project Officer position in Jigjiga, Ethiopia.
ACTED’s Cash Project Officer will play an integral part of ACTED cash based response in the IDP sites of Siti and Fafan Zone, Somali region. This will require constant interaction with the project manager as well as with sites coordination structures and financial service providers. The Cash Project Officer will also have an administrative responsibility of ensuring that project assistant staff as well as service providers are actively following their ToRs and abiding by ACTED Code of Conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites
- Liaising and coordination with local authorities responsible for site administration
- Liaising with Sub National clusters (particularly Ethiopia Cash Working Group)
Financial Service Provider Monitoring
- Liaising with Project Manager, Area Coordinator and FSP in setting up agreement and cash distribution plan
- Supporting FSP in respecting distribution deadlines and guidelines
- Supporting FSP in beneficiaries registration and verification
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines
- Referring to and following up with protection partners on identification and addressing of cases of vulnerability within the camp
- Ensure that principles of data confidentiality are respected in information management activities and that sensitive data of beneficiaries are protected when stored or shared if strictly necessary
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supporting AME team in beneficiary identification, registration and verification
- Supporting AME team in Post-Distribution monitoring exercise
Project management and reporting
- Planning, Implementing and Reporting
- Supporting the line manager in devising weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, particularly or information management activities
- Attending regular staff coordination meetings
- Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to the line Manager
- Timely submission of weekly report, information products and updated databases as requested by the line manager
- Commitment to continuous learning through trainings and timely identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities, in coordination with line Manager/TC/HR Dept.
- Supervise recruitment of enumerators when needed for data collection
- Train Enumerators
Transparency and Compliance
- Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
- Accurate record keeping of project documentation, including photos and proper filing of meeting minutes, databases, attendance sheets, assessment reports/documents, review and updating of databases etc., in soft and hard copy
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs) upon request
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager.
Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Essential Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
- 3-4 years CASH management experience in Donor Funded Projects
- Demonstrated experience in CASH management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership; able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate; able to enforce procedures
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Knowledge of Somali language is required
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation.
How to Apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 26TH March 2021 with the subject line “CASH Project Officer –Jijiga-Ethiopia”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.