Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/ethiojobscom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/remove-footer-credit/remove-footer-credit.php on line 116
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Biosecurity and Biosafety (BS&S) Specialist in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Biosecurity and Biosafety (BS&S) Specialist
Job Posting: 19/Jun/2020
Closure Date: 03/Jul/2020, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: SFE
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
Duration: 11 months (6 months probation with possibility of extension based on performance)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO’s Subregional Office for Eastern Africa is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing subregional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with subregion-wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The FAO Subregional Office for Eastern Africa (SFE) is an advisory service centre to the following countries, each one of which also has a resident FAO Representative: Burundi, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, Uganda and Eritrea. It assists the FAO Representations (FAORs) in the subregion with addressing subregional food security, agriculture and rural development issues at country level. The Subregional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for Eastern African.
The incumbent will principally be involve in the implementation of DTRA-funded project entitled ”Supporting Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) to Advance its Laboratory Biosafety and Biosecurity (BS&S) Capacity Development Program”, which contributes to the development of functioning BS&S capacities in diagnostic laboratories across Africa using one-health multi-sectoral coordination approaches.
Within the framework of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Disease Operations (ECTAD), the functional and administrative supervision of the Coordinator of the Sub-regional for Eastern Africa (SFE), the direct supervision of the FAO Senior Animal Health Officer, and in coordination with the relevant FAO technical staff at global, regional and country level, the incumbent will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Candidates should be national of Ethiopia
- A postgraduate qualification (preferably PhD) in veterinary/medical virology, bacteriology or related fields of studies
- 10 years relevant experience. UN experience is an advantage.
- Proven track record of publication of research outputs in reputable international scientific journals, or other
- Working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fao.org.