Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Executive Assistant
- Job Location: Addis Ababa
- Job Type: Management, Public Administration
- Experience: 5+ years
- Organization : Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Purpose of the Job:
Under the general direction of The Commissioner, The Executive Assistant is responsible for a variety of complex, confidential, and independent secretarial and administrative support to The Commissioner. To accomplish the objectives of the position, the Executive Assistant performs the following functions:
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Management of the Commissioner’s schedule (e.g. meetings, travel, etc.)
- Responsible for administrative and secretarial duties to assist the Commissioner. Acts as contact point for the Commissioner.
- Organizes and directs the day-to-day tasks and functions and oversees the smooth and efficient operation of the Commissioner’s Office.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all files located in the Commissioner Office.
- Manage all communications including e-mails and highlights pertinent information. Routes items to other individuals when appropriate and records information on the Commissioner calendar.
- Draft and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents on behalf of the Commissioner.
- Support in the distribution of meeting agenda’s.
- Support in preparation and distribution of meeting minutes chaired by the Commissioner.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes to respective offices and makes appropriate copies.
- Coordinate and direct incoming telephone calls, receive and greet visitors and direct inquiries and request for the Commissioner; respond to sensitive complaints and requests for information from the general public and staff and refer inquiries as appropriate.
- Follow up schedule appointments and maintain accurate appointment calendar for the Commissioner. Receive, sort, and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Coordinate registration and travel arrangements for the Commissioner, as instructed. Organize receipts and process all travel authorizations and other related travel reports.
- Responsible for the completion of purchase requisitions for materials, supplies, equipment, repairs, and other pertinent transmittals for the Commissioner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LOCATION: Head Office
REPORT TO: Commissioner
DURATION: Open/Indefinite Contract
SALARY RANGE; Gross monthly salary of ETB 16,515.00- ETB 19,670.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 transport allowance depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA Degree in Management, Public Administration, or related fields.
- 4 years of executive level secretarial service / office experience and program support experience required.
- Computer literate.
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic language is required. Knowledge of other local and/or international languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org.
Women candidates and candidates with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: Thursday 28th of October, 2021.