FHI 360 is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Operations Manager in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Finance and Operations Manager
- Job Location: Addis Ababa
- Job Type: Accounting and Financial
- Experience: 5+ years
- Organization : FHI 360
- Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2) Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems. FHI 360 is seeking a Finance and Operations Manager to be responsible for overall financial management of IDDS project activities in Ethiopia. This includes oversight of procurement, logistics, human resources, accounting, and finance. Responsibilities include managing the contract budget for Ethiopia and preparing financial reports for submission to IDDS project headquarters. The Finance and Operations Manager will also ensure that funds expended are compliant with FHI 360 policies and U.S. Government (USG) regulations and policies. The Finance and Operations Manager will work closely with the IDDS Operations and Finance Director based in the United States. This position reports to the IDDS Ethiopia Team Lead.
The Finance and Operations Manager has the following responsibilities:
· Oversee project operations including human resources, logistics, procurement and accounting/finance
· Create and maintain up-to-date financial tracking system
· Maintain proper documentation for all office and project expenditures
· Liaise with vendors and other service providers and ensure that invoices are verified and submitted on a timely basis
· Coordinate monthly requests of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure that the program has all the necessary funds for the operations
· Review purchase orders and required supporting documentation and consult with the team leader for approval, prior to issuance of the purchase orders within agreed-upon thresholds
· Create and submit monthly financial reports
· Create regular financial tracking reports to monitor Ethiopia project spend against the approved budget
· Maintain office records as needed
· Design and implement office financial policies, standards, and procedures in line with FHI 360 policies and the USG
· Provide input to the preparation of project budgets for Ethiopia
· Review IDDS staff expense reports and supporting documentation and after approval arrange prompt payment
· Monitor time spent by project Ethiopia staff and advise the Country Team Lead if time is not being charged and spent according to the approved Ethiopia budget
· Advise project staff on USAID requirements and provide training on financial management, record keeping, operational systems and policies as needed
Competencies and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance Administration or similar field
· Minimum five years of professional experience providing accounting and financial management services
· Excellent experience in managing Contract Agreements.
· Demonstrable understanding of accounting procedures
· Familiar with USG rules and regulations, and experience in a similar position on a USG-funded project preferred
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Fluency in written and spoken English [and other languages as applicable per country]
· Strong English written, oral, and presentation skills
· Authorization to work in Ethiopia
· Detail-oriented and highly organized
· Experience completing a variety of financial tasks by establishing priorities and working in a fast-paced office environment, under pressure and against numerous deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
· Accuracy and attention to detail in the performance of duties is of critical importance
· Excellent organizational skills, including task and time management
· Impeccable business ethics, including the protection of confidential information
· May supervise 1-2 junior staff
How to Apply
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.