Oromia Pastoralist Association
Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: Oromia Pastoralist Association is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Women Empowerment Officer/Gender Officer in Moyale, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Women Empowerment Officer/Gender Officer
(Oromia Pastoralist Association Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Oromia Pastoralist Association
- Organization: Oromia Pastoralist Association
- Location: Moyale
- Grade: Mid Level
- Years of Experience: 2+
- Development and Project Management, Education, Social Sciences and Community
- Closing Date: July 30, 2021
The Oromia Pastoralist Association (OPA) is a Community Based, non-government and non-profit organization established in 2006 by pastoralist community representatives from Oromia region with the aim to encourage participation and decision-making of pastoralists in policy processes affecting their lives and livelihoods and address the chronic levels of poverty and vulnerability faced by the most-at risk community groups.
OPA would like to employ interested and qualified candidates for the vacant positions specified below. Therefore, interested, and qualified individuals can apply.
the purpose of the Gender Expert/ Women Empowerment Coordinator is to provide strategic support to design and implement gender and women’s empowerment activities in selected kebeles in Moyale Woreda, Borana zone.
Project/program: Resilient Community (RC) Program: Developing Inclusive and Profitable Dairy Value Chains for Pastoralist Community in Moyale Woreda, Oromia Region.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring that OPA and CST-Ethiopia gender policies, frameworks, and best practices are applied throughout project activities.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and reviewing project scopes of work, training programs, deliverables, and other written materials to ensure that gender and women’s economic empowerment are well-integrated.
- Coordinating training events for Community Change Agents and program participants (Women’s Socio-Economic Groups) on gender considerations and women’s economic empowerment and providing ongoing support;
- Prepare timely project implementation reports including documentation of project best practices.
- Supporting project monitoring and evaluation to ensure it is gender-responsive and includes indicators aimed at capturing the project’s gender and women’s empowerment related outputs and outcomes;
- Working with program participants (Women Socio-Economic groups), staff and project partner Organizations to ensure that successful activities and methodologies for women’s economic empowerment are well-documented and disseminated;
- Developing key messages and content for creative communications tools to reach women in their daily activities, and work with local subcontractors to ensure communications tools help improve knowledge, attitudes, and practices related to women’s empowerment;
- Promote gender mainstreaming in policy and program formulation process at organizational and partner level
- Raise awareness and create understanding on gender concepts, women’s empowerment and gender mainstreaming approaches within the organization.
- Work with program staff for inclusion of gender-specific objectives, outcomes and indicators, and activities in the program design.
- Provide technical support for the inclusion of gender issue for management and programs/projects staff
- Develop and follow the application of gender mainstreaming checklist or the gender mainstreaming concept and the implementation of any other gender mainstreaming initiatives
- Participate in designing and implementing women’s empowerment initiatives that Create opportunities for women targets in accessing resources, decision making
- Document and report on gender mainstreaming approaches and activities in JOA projects
- Carrying out other appropriate activities that will contribute to project success, as requested by the Program Coordinator
Required number: One (1)
Duty Station: Moyale with frequent travel to project target kebeles.
Terms of Employment: Six months (with the possibility of extension), Full time
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQ UIRED:
- Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences, gender studies, Education, development studies or related fields
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience as a project officer related to Women Empowerment and Gender related positions
- Additional certification/training on Gender Equality and related areas is an additional asset
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid knowledge of Gender Equality and Women Empowerment related project management
- Sharp time management skills and Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, and Excel
- Good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Afan Oromo languages
How to Apply
Interested applicant should submit a Motivational Letter with details of how they meet the ‘job requirements’ outlined above, including description of past professional experience; Non-returnable recently updated CV with at least two references; and non-returnable soft copies of credentials with the subject “application on Women Empowerment Officer position” to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or hardcopy at OPA Filed Office, Yabello, Infront of Yabello pastoralist TVET Collage, Tele: +251464461457 Or; CIFA Project coordination office in Moyale town, Tele: +2514440583/+251464440575 Or; Oromia Pastoralist Association (OPA) Head Office, Addis Ababa, Kirkos sub city, Woreda 04, Debrezeit road around Meskerem Mazoria or back side of Tele garage.
Our Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to child protection and safeguarding.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.