Plan International Ethiopia
Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: Plan International Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Hygiene Promotion Officer in Gambella, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Officer
(Plan International Ethiopia Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Plan International Ethiopia
- Organization: Plan International Ethiopia
- Location: Gambella
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Economics, Health Care, Social Sciences and Community
- Closing Date: July 24, 2021
Plan International Ethiopia’s main purpose is to seek Gender Justice for Girls, Adolescent Girls, and Young Women. We aim to help create an enabling environment where girls, adolescent girls, and young women are safe, valued, equally cared for, and have equal opportunities. PIE will contribute to the global strategy by aiming to reach directly 2.1 million Girls, Adolescent Girls and Young Women over the period of the strategy 2020-2024 and to reach an additional 6.3 million beneficiaries through its interventions.
Hygiene Promotion Officer is responsible to handle different activities of FSL, WASH, health and Nutrition at grass root level.
· Support WASH project team in ensuring compliance of all hygiene and sanitation standards and donor regulations.
· Coordinate with water supply and sanitation field staff to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH Projects activities are integrated.
· Development of hygiene promotion topics, hygiene sessions and IEC materials.
· Develop materials to promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
· Ensure that action is taken to mitigate priority water and sanitation related health risks.
· Provide technical support in preparation of divisional strategies, annual operational plan and budget.
· Contribute to assessments by collecting information through qualitative and quantitative data gathering methods (e.g. surveys, interviews, FGDs);·
Identify local WASH, Health & Nutrition and Child Care Practices/IYCF needs and capacities; and Participate in identifying potential beneficiaries;
· Organize/reorganize committees and clubs like Kebele Disaster Management Committees (KDMC), WASH Committees and Care Support Groups in all levels of facilities, schools and institutions;
· Integrate key messages from soft components of DRR, FSL and WASH.
· Plan and conduct different dialogues, group discussions and meetings, demonstrations (i.e. hygiene promotion and disaster risk preparedness and response exercises with the committees and key people in the community.
· Involve community members in planning and promotion of WASH.
· Utilize participatory approach when mobilizing the community;
· Create awareness on the use of water treatment technologies and water chemicals and facilitate the link between the community and private vendors as well as promotion on positive health seeking behavior;
· Contribute in the development of protocols/standard operating procedures, IEC materials, and tools/methodology in collaboration with the committees;
· BA degree or Diploma in Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Development Studies, Community or Cooperative Development, Community Health, Home Economics and other related subject.
· Minimum of 2 years NGO related work experience for degree holders and 4 years of related work experience for diploma holders either as community facilitator or community development agent.
· Good knowledge of the area and local custom
· Basic computer skill (desirable and advantageous)
· Good knowledge of Local language, Amharic and English languages;
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in July 24 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.