Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: FHI 360 is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Title: Chief of Party
(FHI 360 Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Vacancy in Ethiopia by FHI 360
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Closing Date: Jul 30, 2021
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party. This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide strategic, managerial, technical leadership and management oversight to the project. S/he will oversee all aspects of project implementation, including program quality, personnel and financial management. S/he will maintain close coordination with USAID and other stakeholders, ensuring that all project interventions are of high quality and lead to measurable impact. S/he will be responsible for timely and adequate implementation of project activities, deliverables and execution, monitoring and reporting of the project. The COP will serve as the principal liaison to USAID/Ethiopia and will have regular communication with the USAID/Ethiopia Agreement Officer’s Representative. The COP is responsible for ensuring compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations. The COP will be responsible for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and monitoring quality of program implementation. The position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Leads the project team, technical and operational aspects of the project, including planning and implementation; ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encourages effective teamwork;
- Provides overall project leadership, management, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
- Liaises with USAID/Ethiopia, local government institutions, civil society organizations, private sector companies and investors, and other partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements;
- Liaises with USG partners and other donors and implementing agencies to ensure coordination of and synergy with other USAID/Ethiopia health-related activities;
- Builds strong strategic partnerships with a wide group of stakeholders required to achieve project goals, including local civil society and the private sector
- Oversees report preparation to meet USAID and corporate reporting requirements to document program performance and monitor overall award compliance;
- Leads preparation of project deliverables, including annual work-plans and project activity updates, and other project-related communication and reporting materials in accordance with USAID deadlines;
- Provides overall financial oversight of the budget over the life of the project;
- Collaborates with and directly act upon inputs from the compliance director to ensure continuous compliance of all consortium members with agreement/contract rules and regulations;
- Oversees a team of senior technical, operations, compliance and finance staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained among the team members;
- Supervises key staff, including ensuring field staff regularly prepare and accurately update performance data;
- Represents the project at regional, national and international fora, including technical and investment conferences, policy briefings, networking events, etc.;
- Organizes project teams and oversee production of SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies; and
- Provides guidance and mentoring to managers and staff to achieve project goals and develop national leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; (however, a Master’s Degree strongly preferred) or its international equivalent public health or a related area.
- At least 12+ years of professional experience in public health, particularly leading and designing health programs; experience in working with key stakeholders in Ethiopia strongly desired.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in project management and leadership, including experience in managing USAID projects and staff. Technical experience at a senior level in community engagement, capacity strengthening, and social and behavior change required.
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly with Ministries of Health is highly desirable, to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Experience with working across multiple sector to achieve public health outcomes.
- Experience with incorporating gender and vulnerable population needs into programming.
- Proven experience with USAID regulations in financial and accounting management per USAID guidelines, ensure that the project maintains the highest administrative, financial, and operational standards for compliance and audits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in a local language will be an advantage.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.