Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: IOM is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Intern – Canada Visa Application Center (CANVAC) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Title: Intern – Canada Visa Application Center (CANVAC)
(IOM Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Vacancy in Ethiopia by IOM
- Organization: IOM
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
- Years of Experience: 0+
- Admin, Secretarial and Clerical
- Closing Date: Jun 30, 2021
Intern – Canada Visa Application Center (CANVAC)
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
Type of Appointment:
|Three months with possibility of extension|
Estimated Start Date:
|As soon as possible|
|30 June 2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the direct supervision of the CANVAC Team Leader/Manager the incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canada Visa Application Centre operated by IOM; particularly s/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the CIC Statement of Work (SOW) and the CIC Service Standards.
- Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, fax, e-mail, chat and SMS inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
- Assist in the collection of complete applications as per CIC checklists: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required.
- Assist in feeding data into the queue management system to maintain an orderly flow of applicants into and within the VAC. Ensure orderly movement of applicants during the course of application submission.
- Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times.
- Maintain positive working relationships with IOM’s Lead VAC Partner, VFS Global and CIC staff locally.
- Immediately inform CANVAC Team Leader/Manager of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
- Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University Degree in Administration Service Management, Secretarial Science and office management or related discipline is preferred.
- Fresh graduate with university in the above-mentioned area of study.
- High level of computer literacy is required good knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Good communication skills, drive for results, flexibility, efficiency, respect for diversity.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic is required.
- Knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve the performance of self and others
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and, promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays an awareness of relevant technological solutions
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 30 June 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!