Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Specialist- Integration in Jijiga, Ethiopia
Job Title: Project Specialist- Integration
(Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Jijiga, Somali
- Grade: Mid Level
- Years of Experience: 2+
- Project Management and Development
- Closing Date: Jun 30, 2021
Title: Project Specialist- Integration
Location: Jijiga, Somali Region frequent travel to field sites in Fafan zone
Employment Category: G
Reporting To: Project Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Start of Contract & Duration: 12 Months (One year)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, Gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), in partnership with Mercy Corps, is planning to implement a 44-month action entitled Strengthened Socio-Economic Development and Better Employment Opportunities for Refugees and Host Communities in the Jigjiga Area. In line with the Government of Ethiopia’s commitments to the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF), the action will aim to improve employment and livelihood opportunities for up to 54,000 members of the refugee and host community in the Fafan zone of the Somali region. As part of the action, DRC will seek to support integration and community cohesion between host and refugee communities in the project locations. Specifically, DRC will assist local host community members and refugees in the action’s targeted areas to form integration committees (either established through the action or utilizing existing structures) through which to promote awareness of and dialogue on CRRF and to elevate voices from the village and camp-levels. DRC, therefore, is seeking a highly qualified, enthusiastic and action-oriented individual for the position of Integration Specialist to lead in the design, implementation and monitoring of the action’s integration components. Applicants are expected to have a demonstrated background in community engagement combined with experience in project cycle management. DRC highly encourages female applicants.
- Form integration committees and provide trainings on the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF), including relevant policy and legal changes, mediation skills, social cohesion and community feedback mechanisms.
- Support integration committees to undertake awareness raising and local-level dialogue on CRRF-related issues affecting their respective communities.
- Support integration committees to feed into and advocate within regional CRRF fora.
- Support integration committees to identify and design community-led initiatives that contribute to promoting integration between host and refugee communities in line with the overall objective of the project.
- Ensure all components of the action adhere to protection standards and principles as well DRC guidelines and accountability standards.
Management, Coordination and Representation
- Ensure rigorous project cycle management principles are applied and oversee the daily management of the implementation of integration components of the project. This entails ensuring detailed work, financial and procurement plans are in place and followed.
- Work closely with the action’s MEAL team to monitor project achievements. When activities are identified as behind schedule or are facing technical or logistical challenges, work with the project team to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Organize and facilitate regular reviews of achievements and spending for the project and lead all project reporting related to integration activities.
- Act as the action’s primary focal point with community representatives and other relevant stakeholders.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 4 years of work experience within the field of civil society or community engagement.
- Experience working with an international NGO or UN agency preferred, but not required.
- Technical understanding of community engagement and protection concepts, prevention and response strategies.
- Hands-on experience working with communities and governmental authorities.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Education (include certificates, licenses etc.):
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in community work or other relevant social science.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English.
- Somali language skills.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online application form on http://www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than June 30, 2021.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.