Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: UNFPA is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Driver in Tigray, Ethiopia
Job Title: Driver
(UNFPA Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by UNFPA
- Organization: UNFPA
- Location: Sheraro, Tigray
- Grade: Mid Level
- Years of Experience: 2+
- Closing Date: Jun 17, 2021
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO ETHIOPIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
The incumbent provides reliable and safe driving services to the humanitarian and emergency response team in the field.
The incumbent will report to the Regional Humanitarian / Emergency Response Coordinator.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Providing reliable and safe driving services, He/She will uphold the highest standards of discretion and integrity; have a deep sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. He/She will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
He/She would be responsible for:
- Providing reliable and safe driving services by; driving office vehicles for the transport of UNFPA staff, officials and visitors; delivery and collection of mail and documentation; meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, including managing visa and customs formalities when required;
- Keeping abreast of traffic and road and security and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings;
- Managing all aspects of vehicle maintenance; conducting minor repairs and cleaning; arranging for major repairs and service to ensure vehicle kept in good running condition; keeping daily vehicle logs; and assisting in the preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and history reports;
- Keeping track of insurance and tax formalities;
- Acting as a translator in local language for official passengers, where necessary;
- Guiding and coaching junior drivers as appropriate;
- Assisting CO staff with general administrative duties as required.
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the post. The package includes a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
Duration: Six Months
Appointment Type: Temporary Appointment
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Three years’ work experience as a driver in an international organisation, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills.
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs.
- Basic working knowledge of English.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline