Jobs in Ethiopia: iMMAP is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Protection Information Manager Officer in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Job Title: Senior Protection Information Manager Officer – Ethiopia
(iMMAP Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by iMMAP
- Organization: iMMAP
- Location: Addis Abeba
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Information Technology,
- Information Management,
- Computer Sciences.
- Closing Date: 30 June 2021
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP is starting a 9 months project funded by ECHO aiming at providing IM support tailored to the needs of humanitarian actors responding to the crisis in Ethiopia. To help achieve this, iMMAP will conduct three core activities: 1.support to multi sectoral needs assessments, 2.production of humanitarian situation analysis reports through secondary data review, 3. provide dedicated IM support to the Protection Cluster as well as its sub-sectors (Child Protection, Gender Based Violence and House, Land and Properties Working Group).
For this third activity specifically, iMMAP is looking for an international Senior IMO with specific experience and skills in the Protection sector.
- The Senior IMO will provide technical support to the national IMOs deployed to the National Protection Cluster, the 2 AoR (CP and GBV) and the HLP WG with their daily tasks listed below (non exhaustive):
- Proactively gather information from sector partners, government authorities which may be of use to the sector for informing decisions;
- Identify gaps in current implementing partner participants and will engage with NGOs, humanitarian and development organisations to restore renew or join participation in data sharing or IM support.
- Identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis and sharing
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant humanitarian implementing partners
- Adapt appropriate existing IM tools including those available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level. As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, collectable and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector.
- Develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in country upon request.
- Facilitate mobile data collection, form development and data management.
- Generate statistical reports, graphs, maps and follow up on cluster specific trends
- Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
- Manage, analyse, document data and information from INGOs interventions
- Map assistance coverage in specified area, analyse and report the potential gaps
- Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance
- Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes
- Maintain data bases, provide data entry if required
- Establish and maintain filing and documentation system accessible for humanitarian partners working in the area
- Support new and ongoing assessments
- Develop maps of 4Ws, sector resources, needs, Gaps per location
- Maintain geospatial databases and ensure data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit and process data sets
- National capacity building
- The Senior IMO will mentor iMMAP national staff to build capacity to include but not be limited to:
- GIS and data management
- Geospatial analysis and data analysis
- The Senior IMO will work to build a national staff trained to be able to fulfil the information management duties assigned to him/her, through guidance, training and technical support.
- The Senior IMO will conduct iMMAP demonstrations and training sessions.
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences.
- In-depth knowledge of database and GIS software, and computer networks, Good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Experience in working in the Protection Cluster or on protection related topics
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian information management, GIS, database management/Administration (familiarity with PHP, HTML or any other programming language), data visualization, or data analysis is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in the humanitarian sector is required.
- Understanding of data QA/QC processes for information management are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Experience with the Protection Cluster and/or the Protection Information Management approach is an asset.
- Previous work experience in Ethiopia is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently;
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian ecosystem and coordination mechanism is essential;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian cluster system and the HNO and HRP processes;
- Knowledge of multi-sector assessments and assessment frameworks;
- Knowledge of mobile data collection applications, systems, tools and processes;
- Strong skills in data visualisation and development of web based dashboards;
- Knowledge of the Inter Agency IM Coordination structures.
- **Knowledge of Microsoft Office package with strong skills in Excel is mandatory;
- Knowledge of The DEEP platform is an added value;
- Strong Knowledge of KoBo and/or ODK is mandatory;
- Strong Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is mandatory;
- Strong Knowledge of QGIS and/or ESRI Solutions is mandatory.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/237
To apply for this job please visit careers.immap.org.