Jobs in Ethiopia: iMMAP is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Job Title: Programme Manager – Ethiopia
(iMMAP Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by iMMAP
- Organization: iMMAP
- Location: Addis Abeba
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- programme management
- International development studies
- Closing Date: 30 June 2021
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP is starting two projects in Ethiopia. The first one is a 6 months project funded by USAID/BHA which is the continuation of the long-time support iMMAP has been providing to the humanitarian sectors since 2017 in the country. It consists in the deployment of IMOs to Clusters and government counterparts at different regional levels (newly including Tigray) as well as to the coordination hubs in Addis Ababa in order to enable the various stakeholders to receive sound and reliable overarching information on the crisis, the response and the remaining challenges to be addressed.
The second one is a new 9 months project funded by ECHO aiming at providing IM support tailored to the needs of humanitarian actors responding to the crisis in Ethiopia. To help achieve this, iMMAP will conduct three core activities: 1.support to multi sectoral needs assessments, 2.production of humanitarian situation analysis reports through secondary data review, 3. provide dedicated IM support to the Protection Cluster as well as its sub-sectors (Child Protection, Gender Based Violence and House, Land and Properties Working Group).
For these 2 projects, iMMAP is looking for an International Programme Manager.
Description of Duties
- Project Management
- Develop programming through writing of project concept paper, proposal and budget for iMMAP using best practices in coordination with appropriate program units.
- Oversee the overall design of the program ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken.
- Develop an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Plan the mobilisation of resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame.
- Proactively inform iMMAP HQ of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to the program planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion.
- Support programme implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Financial Management
- Plan and construct the program budget
- Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
- Monitor the spending of designated programme funds in the pre-operational phase of the program.
- Staff Management
- Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
- Ensure all identification, selection and contracting related issues for the staff of the designated project are carried out in accordance with iMMAP guidelines.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
- Security Management
- Assess and review the security status of identified areas of operation.
- Ensure security plans and protocols for the areas of operation are updated and implemented.
- Quality Management
- Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programmes.
- Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organisations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the programme.
- Represent iMMAP in relevant consultations and meetings.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to iMMAP, donor, and implementation partners.
- Assist iMMAP HQ with forward strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the HQ.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in international development studies preferred but not required;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in programme management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 6 years of work experience in similar management and/or advisor functions in international humanitarian or development aid.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing programme start-up under limited time constraints as well as plan programme close-out.
- Knowledge of basic programme development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of national and regional dynamics of migration and actors, and an understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
- Previous work experience in Ethiopia is an asset.
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Grant management experience with knowledge of the grant submission processes of major humanitarian and development donors such but not limited to the IOM, USAID, OFDA, PRM.
- Experience in data collection and population monitoring.
- Soft skills
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
- Ability to work based on objectives.
- Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office.and Google Suites.
- Knowledge and experience working with Kobo Toolbox is an advantage.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/245
To apply for this job please visit careers.immap.org.