Danish Refugee Council
Jobs in Ethiopia: Danish Refugee Council is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer in Dima, Gambella Region, Ethiopia
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
(Danish Refugee Council) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Danish Refugee Council
- Organization: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Dima, Gambella Region
- Grade: Mid Level
- Years of Experience: 2+
- Development and Project Management
- social sciences
- Closing Date: Jun 19, 2021
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer – Re-advertised
Location: Dima, Gambella Region
Reports to: Area Manager
Grade – H2
Start of Contract & Duration: up to June 30, 2022
Posting date: June 5, 2021
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer will provide technical support to all projects and oversee all MEAL activities, including assisting project teams in defining indicators, developing data collection tools and data collection methodologies, and leading data quality assessments and project audits in the Dimma Area office. The Officer will collaborate closely with the Addis Ababa-based MEAL Manager, Coordinator and program team to ensure that all of DRC’s minimum MEAL requirements are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure full compliance with DRC’s Minimum Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Accountability Standards in all projects based in the Shire Operation.
- Support the development of MEAL components of project proposals and project-specific MEAL plans.
- In close collaboration with MEAL Manager, EMP MEAL Coordinator and the program team, develop relevant data collection tools and support MEAL systems by ensuring the timely collection of high-quality data.
- Provide support for the program team in developing detail implementation plan and understanding the Performance Monitoring Template (PMT) and produce a monthly analysis report to notify the status of each projects to the Area manager. Confirm all the MOV indicated in the PMT were properly documented.
- Lead Post Distribution Monitoring exercises and need assessments, internal baseline and end line evaluations for all projects based in shire.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Manager and Coordinator, facilitate learning events and capture, document and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external circulation.
- Identify and conduct MEAL-related capacity building for all DRC’s field program staff- in Dimma, including facilitating trainings on Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), and Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanisms.
- In collaboration with the national level Accountability Officer and assume responsibility for the implementation of and compliance with DRC Ethiopia and Djibouti’s Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism, tools and standard operating procedures (SOPs) including Beneficiary Feedback Data Management, in the Dimma Operation.
- Coordinate with regional technical lines bureaus and Administration for Refugees and Returnee Affairs (ARRA) during project monitoring and terminal evaluations.
- Update and report on the program activity tracker, performance monitoring tracker, indicator tracking table (ITT), analyzing progress against targets.
- Take the lead in coordinating field-level assessments (e.g. baseline, midline, end line), including leading and/or overseeing field data collection, training of data collectors, and the provision of support towards data analysis and reporting.
- Conduct regular field-monitoring visits and provide timely feedback to inform decision-making and programme quality improvement.
- In collaboration with Program team, Area Manager organize programme monthly/quarter review meetings and annual review meetings, capture the lessons, and incorporate lesson learned in programme planning.
- Carry out related activities as assigned by the Area Manager, MEAL manager and Coordinator as deemed necessary.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- University degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or related discipline A minimum of 3 years of MEAL experience within the humanitarian or NGO field.
- Strong ability to translate log frames and results frameworks into monitoring plans, to develop data collection tools and protocols, to lead data collection and management process, to design and manage databases, and to analyze data.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and report writing skills
- Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software’s
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please note that we receive applications up to June 19, 2021.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.