Jobs in Ethiopia: Mastercard Foundation is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Partner in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Title: Finance Partner
(Mastercard Foundation Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Mastercard Foundation
- Organization: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Grade: Sinior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Closing Date: Jun 17, 2021
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a finance professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Accounting in Country, the Finance Partner will oversee all financial aspects of our program partnerships including due diligence, budgeting, controls, reporting and contracting. This is an opportunity to influence and support our growth across Africa in coordination with our hub in Toronto. The individual must be highly motivated, innovative, and results-oriented, with strong listening skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Manage the full cycle of Finance program partner contracts, i.e. Expression of Interest (EOI), proposal, contract approval, conduct due diligence, budget reviews, program execution and monitoring, and program completion.
- Guide and train external program partners on all financial aspects of contract execution, including budgeting and reporting, due diligence, and Canadian regulatory requirements.
- Provide financial expertise and advice internally to the Foundation’s Programs team on the development and implementation of comprehensive programming strategies.
- Provide ad-hoc data and support for learning and evaluation activities, including analysis of program outputs and value-for-money.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections.
- Monitor program spend against budget and provide analysis and recommendations on proposed changes.
- Ensure there are adequate business controls with the programs to ensure the safeguarding of the Foundation’s assets
- Accountable for compliance with local and international financial regulations and requirements, e.g. Canada Revenue Agency standards, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism laws, etc.
- Travel within country and elsewhere as required 10%.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- A relevant University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field. Finance/Accounting designation or in progress.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of progressive financial roles within large and/or global organizations. Previous work in the development sector an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Results driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
- Able to formulate and develop a new or creative approach to a problem
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for applications is June 17, 2021
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Foundation and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We appreciate your interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/. Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn