Catholic Relief Services - CRS
Jobs in Ethiopia: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Finance Manager
(Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director)
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Accounting and Finance
- Closing Date: Jun 13, 2021
Internal/External Job Announcements
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Deputy Head of Operations
June 13, 2021
You provide consistent leadership for a team of finance staff, to ensure a high level of resource stewardship, strict financial accountability and financial risk management while ensuring the effectiveness and robustness of the Country Program (CP) and relevant partners’ financial management systems, processes, and practices in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You anticipate and manage financial management services needs and delivery challenges, and identify and implement improvement solutions, as needed, to minimize CP and partners’ exposure to financial risk.
· ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources.
· Ensure integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting. Oversee maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
· Lead the preparation of accurate financial data, analysis and projections and support the Senior Management Team and Program/Project Managers in interpreting data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
· Oversee the performance of accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders (CP managers, Regional Office, HQ/Finance, donors, local government entities).
· Lead assessment of staff and subrecipients’ financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed, and monitor and measure impact.
· Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely and sustainable way.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· MA/BA Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent 7 years relevant experience for MA degree or 10 years’ relevant experience for BA Degree. Out of which a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an International NGO.
· MBA or master’s degree in related field with a focus on Accounting preferred. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations highly preferred.
· Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
· Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
· Staff management experience.
· Strong experience in presenting and facilitating on financial management topics.
· Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly preferred
· Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
· Excellent management, leadership, and staff development skills, and a focus on partner capacity strengthening
· Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
· Ability to work collaboratively
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Directly supervise two deputy finance managers, oversee a team of 15+ finance staff
Internal: Senior management, budget managers/project leads, regional finance officer
External: Partners, donors, auditors
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through this link; https://form.jotform.com/211532097560553 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline June 13, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**