Jobs in Ethiopia: Vital Strategies is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Operations Manager in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Finance and Operations Manager
(Vital Strategies Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Vital Strategies
- Organization: Vital Strategies
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- operations management,
- business administration
- Closing Date: Jun 25, 2021
Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies, and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, overdose prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are primarily concentrated in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Pacific; the Overdose Prevention Program is our first initiative in the U.S. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
About the Position:
In early 2022, the Resolve to Save Lives program at Vital Strategies, Ethiopia will transition to a separate organization. Prior to the transition, this position will focus on operations, compliance, human resources, and safety and security for a team with up to 25 people. Following the transition, the Ethiopia office will be resized (team of around 10 people) and this position will also assume full finance Finance manager responsibilities.
The Finance and Operations manager will assist in the management of Ethiopia office under the leadership and supervision of the country director. This position will report functionally to the international finance officer and coordinate and collaborate with Human Resources and Global Operations teams.
Candidates must have current authorization to work in Ethiopia. Salary will be paid in Birr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Operations manager core duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
1. Finance –
- Manager accounts payable.
- Manage accounts receivable.
- Reconcile inter-company transfers, cash, bank, and credit cards.
- Responsible for data entry of expenses into the accounting system.
- Processing fund request from grants managers/programs to Vital U.S..
- Manage grants accounting.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute monthly and annual financial statements in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial reports for donors.
- Ensure financial reporting and balance sheet are in compliance with local GAAP.
- Completion of tax reporting requirements as needed.
1.3. Budgeting and Financial Controls:
- Monitor office finances and effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the country director and chief financial officer.
- Monitor monthly actual to budget variances.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement and monitor financial internal controls and a robust financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to.
- In coordination with finance team, lead the annual audit process (liaise with external auditors, assess any changes necessary from management letter).
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting process in collaboration with the country director and in consult with programs, operations, and finance.
- Monitor bank account and monthly statements.
- Manage receipt of international transfers, liaising with exchange broker to negotiate exchange rates and contracts.
2. Operations –
- Stay abreast of local regulations, monitor and track compliance to both local regulations and Vital Strategies operational and HR policies.
- Assess risks for operations in the country and propose plans to manage those risks.
- Support country director and legal team on sensitive issues, liaise with local attorneys as needed on legal matters.
2.2. Human Resources:
- Talent Acquisition and Hiring: Provide support to the recruitment process, oversee compliant employee hiring and onboarding.
- HR Administration: Manage benefits and payroll, conduct audits, negotiate renewals, maintain required electronic employee records, manage required employee permits. Collaborate with global HR team on compensation management for Ethiopian employees and ensure adherence to comp policies for regional hires. Ensure compliance with Ethiopia local labor laws, including residency and tax requirements.
- Talent Management: Serve as the focal point for employee relations, coordinate performance management process, partner with HR team on professional development needs of team.
2.3. Safety & Security:
- Coordinate with the country director and the deputy director of global security in the implementation of and compliance to the Vital Strategies’ security management plan.
- Coordinate with the country director and the deputy director of global security to obtain necessary insurance policies and manage them.
- Monitor and facilitate lease renewal business terms.
- Manage day to day operation of the Ethiopia office including facilities, travel, procurement, IT, assets management, among other duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years (or 6 years with a master’s degree) of overall experience in office management in non-profit global development sector.
- Demonstrated experience managing finance, overseeing budget.
- Experience in managing an office and operational functions such as procurement, travel, IT.
- Demonstrated experience in some human resources functions, knowledge of payroll and benefits.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (finance, operations management, business administration, etc.).
- Advanced level of English required.
- Advance Excel skills.
- Experience in Exact Globe Software preferred.
- Analytical mindset with strong attention to details.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Vital Strategies.
- Collaborative, dedicated team player with excellent communication, organizational and coordination skills.
- This Vacancy Advertisement is open to only Ethiopian Nationals.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via the Vital Strategies Career page on our website. The closing date for applications is June 25, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.