International Development Enterprises (iDE)
Jobs in Ethiopia: International Development Enterprises (iDE) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Marketing Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Nutrition Marketing Officer
( International Development Enterprises (iDE) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by International Development Enterprises (iDE)
- Organization: International Development Enterprises (iDE)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Sales and Marketing,
- Social Sciences and Community
- Closing Date: Jun 12, 2021
International Development Enterprises (iDE) is an international NGO dedicated to creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households of Ethiopia through various projects implemented in different parts of the country.
iDE in Ethiopia has received new funding from Max Foundation Netherlands, for an innovative five years integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), food & nutrition security programme called the ‘Ethiopia Healthy Village’ to reduce stunting and water- and feacal-borne diseases in a sustainable manner, wherein iDE is responsible for Sanitation Marketing and Nutrition Marketing components. The programme is focusing on approximately 400,000 people that are most vulnerable or do not yet have sufficient access to clean water, sanitation & care; who are food insecure and/or have poor nutritional status in Amhara Regional State. Thus, iDE is looking for a dynamic, energetic, and results oriented Nutrition Marketing officer who will be responsible for driving cross-functional engagement in the development and delivery of Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture and Nutrition Specific Interventions Strategies with the focus on piloting and promoting Nutrition Marketing as an innovative demand creation strategy for nutrition products and services, developing annual plans and reporting on results. S/he is responsible for ensuring development and delivery of high quality and evidence-based programs that contribute to our HVP Implementation Plan.
The Nutrition Marketing Officer will lead the nutrition marketing pilot study through an in-depth Human Center Design process to develop a sustainable business model and sales basket for rural sales agents. The Nutrition Marketing officer will support and link the Nutrition Sales agents to the appropriate value chains, and encourage them to promote and sell a basket of nutrition and hygiene products. The Nutrition Marketing officer will ensure that the rural communities have access to nutrition products by demand creation activities in a coordinated setting with the focus on behavior change communication interventions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the pilot project of Nutrition marketing under the Healthy village program.
- Develop a sustainable business model for the Nutrition marketing component.
- Develop a “basket” of goods that are both nutritionally beneficial and have a viable market.
- Support and encourage Nutrition Sales agents to promote and sell a basket of nutrition and hygiene products.
- Technically support the consortium partners in relation with nutrition and work closely with WASH implementation partners to contribute for higher impact of the program.
Educational / Professional Background and Work Experience
- M.sc or B.sc degree in nutrition, public health, social science or other related international development studies; with at least 3 years for Masters and 5 years for Degree of relevant work in nutrition and/or food security programs development.
- Experience in Nutrition, Food Security, Livelihoods, and Resilience market systems development.
- Closely work with field level technical nutrition and WASH Coordinators in executing the project activity implementations providing timely feedback for real time decision making for improved Healthy village project performance.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a consortium managed projects and multi-sectoral engagement.
- Solid research background and good writing skills.
- Strong well-demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary technical specialties
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities.
- Fluency in English (business level), both verbal and written
- Team player with result oriented attitude.
How to Apply
Closing date: 10 (ten) calendar days from the first date of announcement.
Interested applicants and only those meeting the above requirements are invited to send non-returnable copies of their applications; including: Letter of Application, CV, and Credentials to the following address:
International Development Enterprises (iDE)
P.O. Box 7892
(1) Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
(2) iDE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
To apply for this job please visit ideglobal.org.