World Vision Ethiopia
Jobs in Ethiopia: World Vision Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Internal Communications & Digital Media Specialist/Maternity Cover in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Internal Communications & Digital Media Specialist/Maternity Cover
(World Vision Ethiopia Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by World Vision Ethiopia
- Organization: World Vision Ethiopia
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid Level
- Years of Experience: 2+
- Media and Journalism
- Closing Date: Jun 12, 2021
Purpose of the Job:
The Communications Specialist (Internal communication & Digital Media) will assist with the development and implementation of communications strategy of the organization. The incumbent is responsible to establish systems and safeguards for the appropriate and effective flows of relevant information to and from WV Ethiopia staff both internally and externally as/when required.
Manage social media through frequent update (post content on FB, twitter, youtube,) meeting the set standard and ensuring quality. Manage the smooth inflow and outflow of information through WV Ethiopia website (firstname.lastname@example.org and www.wvi.org/ethiopia). Guard the organization’s reputation in the national context, including crisis mitigation and response, high-level messaging and monitoring national media.
Manage the production and sharing of high quality monthly update to all internal staff to inspire, motivate, and strengthen internal cohesion. Produce high quality quarterly newsletter and share to partners (embassies, GOs & INGOs, Office of the Prime Minister, UN agencies, etc.).
Content generation and gathering.
· Produce high quality monthly update and quarterly newsletter in a timely manner to increase engagement of donors and partners and maximize visibility. Produce/oversees production of specific information communications products such us press kit, press release, feature articles, brochures.
· Screen & validate news worthy contents before posting on WVE websites or before sharing to internal and external uses.
· Respond timely to SO requests (VIP visit, media visit, stories, photos, videos)
Digital Management and Monitoring.
· Ensure there is a digital and content plan in place to help grow reach, following and engagement across WV Ethiopia social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, wvi.org/Ethiopia).
· Establish and update a database of Ethiopia-based media professional, photographers, videographers, and other NGO press officers for networking and potential partnership, ensure timely response for any media inquiry.
· Regularly monitor WVE website and update WV Ethiopia page
· Develop and maintain an up-to-date donor/partners database and proactively avail information of relevant opportunities,
· Update organizational profiles, sector factsheets, project profiles, etc. regularly.
Proactively set target for strategic donor/partner engagement – take initiatives to engage and promote key salable strategic focuses areas, Organizing events and forums to proactively expose donors and partners to WVE’s work and stories of changes that are evidence based.
· Coordinate communications champions initiative, identify opportunities for strategic partnership to facilitate communications efforts and maintain relationship with the same, promote major strategy developments so staff become more involved in the change process, attracts all sectors of staff and promotes a new way of engaging with the organization within a regional as well as global partnership.
· Support the Department Manager in the development of National Office communications Strategic Plan related policies, guidelines, and standards that are aligned with Partnership and Regional communication’s strategy aimed at maximizing visibility, uptake and impact of project outputs liaising with partner agencies communications expert and the media
· Manage donor and high-profile visits
- Coordinate, plan and facilitate VIP visits from other World Vision/external partners. Capacity Building.· Grow digital engagement and multimedia skills for the communications for field staff, and build capacity for field staff in basic communication competencies.
Ensure that key staff are effective communicators and have taken the recommended communication trainings for leaders on e-campus
- Media Management.
· Provide resources and communication support for media visits, interviews with local and international media
Effectively position the World Vision brand in the media through ensuring sufficient coverage of WV intervention and events stories in local and international media Reputational Risk Management.
Monitoring and proactively respond to reputation risks and engage relevant staff/offices when issues arise.
Minimum 5 years professional experience in Media and journalism, and/or in Emergency Communications in a multi-cultural, child-focused, non-profit/corporate, and/or humanitarian organization.
Masters or Bachelor Degree in Journalism and Communications, Public Relations, English Language and Literature, Political Science and International Relations or any other related courses. Emergency Communications training is an added advantage.
Digital Management and engagement, Multimedia skills (Writing, Photography, Videography and graphic design).
Highly skilled in Adobe Master Suit Programmes (Photoshop, Premier Pro, InDesign and Illustrator)
The position is for Maternity Cover for Six Months
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
· We do not receive hard copies
· We do not receive applicants those who don’t write position title on the subject line