Dan Church Aid (DCA)
Jobs in Ethiopia: Dan Church Aid (DCA) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Field Officer in Madda Walabu Bale, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Emergency Field Officer
(Dan Church Aid (DCA) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Dan Church Aid (DCA)
- Organization: Dan Church Aid (DCA)
- Location: Bale
- Grade: Senior Leve
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Agriculture,Development and Project Management
- Closing Date: Jun 10, 2021
Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organisation working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life in dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works include humanitarian response, food security, Resilience building of vulnerable community members and Gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
DCA Ethiopia is looking for a competent Emergency Field Officer for its project entitled “Integrated, nutrition sensitive emergency response to South Sundanese refugees and host communities in Gambella, Eritrean refugees and Tigrayan IDPs in Afar, and IDPs in Oromia regional state”
Vacancy Number: DCA-VA-018/2021
Number Required: One
Type of Contract: 12 months contract
Duty Station: Based in Madda Walabu district of Bale Zone
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Overall Job purpose
The overall responsibility of the emergency field officer is to mobilize, organize and capacitate beneficiaries’ communities and committees, beneficiary registration and verification, undertake daily technical supervision and ensure quality of the project activities in the respective Districts. Conduct rapid need assessment of the humanitarian situation in the district regularly and share to the country office. He/she is also responsible to work with pertinent government office and maintain partnership.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and regularly review the project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and procurement plan
- Ensure DCA ECHO Bale humanitarian response activities are implemented in accordance with the operational plan and as per the required standard.
- Participate in the development of clear beneficiary targeting criteria and ensure they are clearly communicated to target beneficiaries, receive feedbacks and act accordingly in consultation Project Field Office team.
- Actively engage in humanitarian need assessment in the area on regular bases and share with field office and humanitarian team at country office as deemed as necessary.
- Prepare and share humanitarian context situation reports on regular bases for field office and humanitarian team at country office as deemed as necessary
- Based on the need assessment and humanitarian context in the region, develop quality concept note/project proposal and share with field office and country office humanitarian team
- Produce separate quality reports on project launching workshop, different training, joint monitoring and review meeting with line government counterparts, baseline survey, post distribution monitoring, and end line survey in collaboration with MEAL officer and the rest of project team member.
- Generate standard project progress/ Impact level as per the donor requirement and share with the field office on weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim, and annually as per the required quality and timeline.
- Conduct regular monitoring visit to project sites and provide technical backstopping to community facilitators and beneficiaries.
- Organize and facilitate various workshops and capacity building training for beneficiaries, community groups and relevant government offices on emergency response activities
- Collect lessons learned, best practices, case studies and human-interest stories for reporting and promotional purpose and support knowledge management related to humanitarian response interventions
- Ensure the relevant stakeholders including line government offices, and target communities are actively participating in the planning and implementation of emergency response project activities.
- Attend and present humanitarian and/or emergency response technical meetings at District and Zonal level the regular meeting
- Duly represent DCA in humanitarian meeting with beneficiaries and beneficiary representatives and with stakeholders at Zonal, Woreda and kebele level
- Ensure that good working relations are maintained with beneficiaries committee, local government, and all partners, in the intervention area
- Create and foster the spirit and culture of teamwork with in DCA team and other partners at all levels of working environment
- Perform any other technical duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Required qualifications and Skill
- Minimum of First degree in Agriculture, Disaster Risk Reduction, Development studies or another related fields.
- More than three years of supervisory experience in the field
- Good Knowledge of the humanitarian operations in Ethiopia; more specifically in Oromia region, ability local language is preferable.
- Experience of working with NGOs/humanitarian agencies
- Experience in Cash programming
- Technical skill in humanitarian needs assessment
- Excellent communication and organization skills, judgment and tact, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good report writing skills and computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the operational context is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. DCA encourage women to apply. Please don’t mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Female candidates with required educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted