Ethiopian Red Cross Society
Ethiopian Red Cross Society is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of ERCS Addis Ababa Branch Project Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: ERCS Addis Ababa Branch Project Coordinator
- Job Location: Addis Ababa
- Job Type: Development and Project Management, Management, Social Sciences and Community
- Experience: 8+ years
- Organization : Ethiopian Red Cross Society
- Closing date: 16 Oct 2021
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
ERCS Addis Ababa branch programme coordinator is responsible for the overall project management which includes planning, budgeting, implementation, provision of technical support, monitoring and evaluation, timely and quality reporting as per the provided formats and standards. He/she also facilitates partnership building with relevant stakeholders and City/sub-city and woreda level government sectors. The Project Coordinator is directly accountable in following up the branch project activities and ensuring their completion within the timeline set, allocated budget as per the project document, with standard quality, given time and cost. The Projects Coordinator is expected to be flexible, supportive of his/her colleagues at the branch and operational level.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the branch projects duties, such as preparation of plans, following up of timely implementation and reporting of the project progress. Take timely and appropriate action to address delays and challenges in relation to project implementation and reporting.
- In consultation with the branch head, liaise with external partners, including government partner offices, NGOs and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide daily management and supportive supervision of project activities at operational areas of the project, including regular visits to project sites, providing trainings and technical assistance, assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis, to ensure high quality work and accurate completion of duties within the agreed time frame.
- Facilitates the implementation of the project activities according to the project proposals based on the MoU signed between ERCS and partners/donors.
- Develops detailed annual implementation plan including budget and work breakdown schedule in collaboration with the branch staff and submit to branch head.
- Closely work with Headquarters concerned department/work units and demand capacity building support for effective implementation of the project.
- Ensure that all documents (plans, ToRs, reports) are submitted to branch head and headquarters concerned work units for review and input before starting direct implementation of projects.
- Develops Monitoring and evaluation plan, conduct periodic monitoring the progress the project against implementation plan/review plans and ensures accomplishment of the work against the log frame and indicators and approved budget as outlined in the project proposal and take timely action for those activities based on project priorities.
- Act as a liaison between the project and relevant stakeholders to ensure efficient inclusion of the high risk and vulnerable groups of the community.
- Ensure the preparation and timely submission of quality financial and narrative reports as per ERCS procedures and donor requirements, deadlines and reporting formats.
- Establish and promote smooth communication among partners, ERCS HQ and field level staffs, project beneficiaries, stakeholders and the community at large.
- In coordination with ERCS work units and other stakeholders, ensure Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) system is included in data collection, analysis, and preparation of plan of action, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project execution.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners, in all aspects of the project including identification of needs, capacity building, relevant sectors engagement at all level, and other areas of collaboration.
- Ensure to have relevant data or statistics for the purpose of generating the progress of regular reports and lessons learned.
- Report regularly for the branch head on the status of the project activities, challenges faced and actions taken related to the implementation of the project.
- Contribute to coordination and sharing of lessons learned, good practices and tools with ERCS and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and information on changes to workflows and procedures to staff members, in accordance with the internal process and procedures of the national society.
- Represent the project in meetings and workshops as needed. Prepare reports, briefings, background information, narratives, and statistical reporting as necessary and required for branch head and share the head quarter concerned work units.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of all related information of the projects by implementing the national society relevant policy and procedures in line with standards and rules of the partners/donors.
- Closely follow ups the transfer of budget from ERCS HQ to the branch, monitors the proper and efficient utilization of the budget with emphasis of identifiable and verifiable expenses of the project approved budget.
- Compile the project successes, lessons learned, best practices and provide suggestions and ideas, that can help the program to scale-up
- Support and contribute to the overall management of the branch projects by suggesting potential and constructive ideas to improve the execution of the project.
- Organize and take the lead role, to have review forums of the project progress among the project team at operational level, partners and stakeholders in ways to bring smooth implementation and hand over the project.
- Request the procurement of office equipment, furniture, stationery and other relevant materials for the project, as well as follow up on progress and distribute purchased materials for the project implementing branches.
- Support the branch teams in timely planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting (including financial) of all project activities.
- Facilitate preparation of sectoral partnership agreement, Terms of Reference and its signatory by respective parties to the agreement
- Ensure the implementation of the planned activities of the projects against the established framework that includes annual work-plan, targets, monitoring tools, and result indicators.
- Proper documentation of project processes, success and challenges, personal stories etc,
- Looking other funding opportunities (by writing proposals) to replicate the success of this project and enhance the early warning and DRR portfolio of ERCS.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities assigned by the branch head.
Reports to: DRM HEAD
Duration: 1 year with a possibility extension based on satisfactory performance.
- MSC/BSC degree in Disaster Risk Management/ Development studies/ sociology/social work/economics/management and 8/10 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven project management and coordination skills and experience are considered an advantage.
- Relevant EU supported projects/programme management experiences and expertise in has high advantage.
- Commitment to Ethiopian Red Cross values and ethical standards
- Profound experience in project management, project proposal writing, needs assessment and problem identification, report writing.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to email@example.com before the closing date of this announcement on October 16th, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.redcrosseth.org.