Ethiojobs: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party II-RFSA based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party II-RFSA
(Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Organization: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Director
- International Development,
- International Relations
- Closing Date: 13 Jun 2021
As Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) II, you will provide overall management of and have responsibility for program quality of the USAID funded Resilience for Food Security Activity (RFSA) project in Ethiopia, leading a team of technical sectoral experts/program managers and act on behalf of the Chief of Party as needed, including global representation to the donor to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in food security programming (economic livelihoods, health, nutrition, gender, local government systems support, youth and food for work). You will coordinate the development of annual work plans, strategic plans, and donor reports, while also maintaining systems to track program quality. As a senior leader you will proactively help manage security and mitigate security risks.**
Note: This is key position that requires USAID approval. The project is for 5 years. **
Required Languages*** – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 40 % to project sites with occasional international travel.
***Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities: RFSA Program Managers for WASH, Economic Livelihoods, Health and Nutrition, PSNP and the RFSA Environmental Lead
Key Working Relationships:
Internal to CRS: Country Representative, Head of Programs, RFSA COP, RFSA DCOP Gender, Youth and Social Dynamics, RFSA DCOP for Grant Management, RFSA DCOP for MEAL, RFSA Purpose Leads, all Country Program staff, Regional and Headquarters technical staff.
External to CRS: Officials at USAID, government of Ethiopia organizations, representatives from for-profit and other non-profit organizations, representatives of non-traditional public donors including UN, World Bank, and others, and implementing partner managers, programming directors and development heads.
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations, or a relevant technical area.
- 7 or more years’ relevant management and technical experience.
- 5 years’ experience managing donor funds, including multi country grants. Strong knowledge and experience in budget management.
- Recognized technical experience and qualifications in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc.
- Demonstrated experience of successful management, including management of functions of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
? Continuous Improvement & Innovation
? Builds Relationships
? Develops Talent
? Strategic Mindset
? Accountability & Stewardship
**Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.*
*Disclaimer**: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibiliti es associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.