UNV - United Nations Volunteers
UNV – United Nations Volunteers Job in Ethiopia: UNV – United Nations Volunteerscurrently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist based in Mekelle, Ethiopia
Job Title: Health Specialist
( UNV – United Nations Volunteers Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Mekelle, Ethiopia
- Grade: Manager
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 25 May 2021
Description of taskWithin the delegated authority and under the supervision and mentoring of the Health Specialist who also acts as the Emergency Focal Person for Mekelle Field Office, the UN Volunteer Health Specialist will provide technical contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the health interventions aimed at building the capacity of the health system of Tigray regional state so as to advance the survival and well-being of children and mothers in Tigray region, focusing in the most disadvantaged area and communities.
- Contribute to Situation Analysis and its periodic update for effective planning, development and management, like assisting compiling, analysing and evaluating information and participating in providing technical input and support to Health interventions and its periodic update.
- Exercises technical and programme management leadership for the development and implementation of the results-based sectoral work plan and objectives as well as for administration and monitoring of sectoral project activities, consistent with the defined project strategic priorities and approaches.
- Undertakes field visits to support monitoring of programmes, as well as participate in periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. And provide support to identify necessary action for programme adjustments.
- Contribute to the provision of technical advice and support to government officials and implementing partners in planning and management of the Health interventions to ensure their sustainability.
- Assist the provision of technical support to government and NGOs in planning, development, implementation, and evaluation stages of the programmes/projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
- Advanced or Bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Medicine, Health Research, International Health, Health Policy and Management, Family Health, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care, Midwifery, Nursing or a field relevant to international development assistance in Health.
Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- This is an opportunity to gain work experience in complex humanitarian situations, hence a UN Volunteer can join this assignment with demonstrated interest and minimum of two years’ work experience at the national level in health systems in emergency or non-emergency in the areas of programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience of working in Tigray region, and knowledge of the health system in the region is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Overall computer literacy, including good knowledge in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Tigrinya(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Other health related experience, Other development programme/project experience Area of expertise details:
- Experaince in areas of programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Experience at the national level in health systems
Driving license: No Competencies values:Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
Application procedure:* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 25 May 2021