International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) Job in Ethiopia: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party – Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Management (R-PAL) based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Chief of Party – Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Management (R-PAL)
(International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
- Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Manager
- Climate Change and Environment
- Program/Project Management,
- Closing Date: 24 May 2021
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party for a five-year Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Management (R-PAL) Activity. The purpose of the R-PAL is to support the USAID/Ethiopia Transition into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project – both its staff and its key stakeholders – to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, adaptive management techniques, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable increased resilience for the chronically vulnerable in the Highlands.
Ethiopia R-PAL is expected to achieve four objectives:
- Objective 1: Collaboration and coordination among USAID Ethiopia Highlands Resilience partners and investments is established and facilitated to support collective impact;
- Objective 2: Highlands resilience investments are informed by learning, evidence, and research;
- Objective 3: Adaptive management processes and solutions for USAID Highlands Resilience investments are adopted and employed towards evidence-based program iteration (and ingrained in the partnership’s culture);
- Objective 4: Innovation within USAID’s Highlands programming drives early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
This position is contingent upon award and anticipated to start in fall 2021.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party will provide overall vision, leadership, and guidance for the project. S/he will be responsible for overall project management to ensure that IBTCI’s services are completed on time per the expectations of the client and that the objectives of the project are successfully met. The COP will lead IBTCI’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with the U.S. Government regarding day-to-day project implementation and management matters relating to IBTCI’s contract.
These duties will entail:
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that all services provided under the contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, are technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed;
- Providing overall leadership and strategic direction for the project, managing the preparation and presentation implementation plans and all reports;
- Managing and supervising the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract, thereby ensuring efficient and effective performance on all aspects of the project;
- Overseeing all quality assurance, control, and reporting;
- Serving as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the contract and establishing appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported;
- Coordinating and collaborating with donor clients, implementing partners, and stakeholders;
- Representing the project and IBTCI with senior U.S. Government staff, implementing partners, and government officials;
- Adhering to U.S. Government, IBTCI, and local government rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures;
- Ensuring the financial health of the contract and managing all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner;
- Required to be in-country to perform the essentials duties of this position.
- Manage all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner.
- Travel is essential and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in managing multi-million dollar international development programs;
- At least three years prior experience as a COP on a USAID-funded award;
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning;
- Demonstrated ability in conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in Ethiopia and/or East Africa;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills required;
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: A graduate degree in agriculture, economics, international affairs, or related field is required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated background in research, capacity development, and developing host country systems is desirable.
- Experience with Adaptive management, Collaborating learning and Adapting (CLA and Organizational Development is desirable.
- Remote management experience a plus.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Ethiopia is essential. Regional travel may be necessary.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
How to apply
Apply through the company’s website job posting at the link below: