International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) Job in Ethiopia: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Learning Specialist – Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Management (R-PAL) based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Learning Specialist – Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Management (R-PAL)
(International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
- Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Manager
- Climate Change and Environment
- Program/Project Management,
- Closing Date: 24 May 2021
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Learning Specialist, with extensive experience in Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA), for the five-year Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Management (R-PAL) Activity. The purpose of the R-PAL is to support the USAID/Ethiopia Transition into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project – both its staff and its key stakeholders – to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, adaptive management techniques, and CLA practices that enable increased resilience for the chronically vulnerable in the Highlands.
Ethiopia R-PAL is expected to achieve four objectives:
- Objective 1: Collaboration and coordination among USAID Ethiopia Highlands Resilience partners and investments is established and facilitated to support collective impact;
- Objective 2: Highlands resilience investments are informed by learning, evidence, and research;
- Objective 3: Adaptive management processes and solutions for USAID Highlands Resilience investments are adopted and employed towards evidence-based program iteration (and ingrained in the partnership’s culture);
- Objective 4: Innovation within USAID’s Highlands programming drives early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
This position is contingent upon award and anticipated to start in fall 2021.
Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, refine, and implement a robust learning agenda/framework for continuous learning, collaborating, and adapting for project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Build capacity of staff, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and CLA methods as necessary.
- Facilitate collaborative planning sessions to finalize learning activities that address learning questions of relevance to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate knowledge capturing, sharing and strategic learning to speed innovation and bring new innovations to the program.
- Synthesize the findings from evaluations, assessments, special studies, and other sources for use in USAID project designs, communications, stakeholder coordination, and reporting.
- Oversee the compilation and dissemination of information from both quantitative and qualitative data on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Promote forums which facilitate collaboration, learning and action as a result of this information.
- Provide capacity building on knowledge management, actionable learning, and adaptive management approaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Advanced degree in organizational learning, knowledge management, or other related area of expertise.
- At least 5 years’ experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, and/or strategic learning, preferably in an international development context.
- Experience in strategic planning and project design.
- Prior experience with USAID activities, including strong conceptual knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and how that ties into USAID’s CLA framework.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in facilitating groups, meetings, and events (both online and in-person), resulting in collaborative decision-making, agreed upon action items/priorities, and strong outcomes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal, analytical, and training skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in evaluation and analysis of development programs, preferably initiatives funded by USAID.
- Expertise in working with a variety of stakeholders, including host country government personnel, NGO partners, international donor agencies and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative data collection, and experienced in using key informant interviews, focus groups, and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and learning from the data.
- Prior experience working within a USAID mission is desirable.
- Prior experience in Ethiopia preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Ethiopia is essential.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
How to apply
Apply through the company’s website job posting at the link below: