Mercy Corps is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Market System Development(MSD) Officer-RiPAin Afar, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Market System Development(MSD) Officer-RiPA
- Job Location: Afar
- Job Type: Environment and Natural Resourc
- Experience: 2+ years
- Organization : Mercy Corps
- Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. We help people overcome poverty and conflict. Working with communities, we leverage local logic to help people transform their lives. To grow more food, earn higher incomes and ultimately advocate for their needs. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions. During our 34-year history, our work has improved more than 170 million lives in more than 115 countries around the world. Mercy Corps Ethiopia invites motivated and qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position.
Position Title: Market System Development(MSD) Officer-RiPA
Duty Station: Afar/Semera
Open Position: one
Duration: 3.5 Months
Find Jobs: Technical Advisor I – Agriculture Production and Marketing
General Position Summary
The Market Systems Officer will be engaged in emergency assessment, emergency responses planning and reporting writing, and emergency responses set up, monitoring and post interventions assessment, facilitating training and coordination. She/he is also Support the market system Advisor with related activities of the targeting business for stimulus packages, targeting cash transfer participants and activities selection and planning to implementation of activities to providing recommendations for IDP repossess. This position requires key skills in M4P; relationship management within the team, with partner organizations stakeholders, and community members; and project management.
The Market Systems officer will also be a member of the MC Economic and Markets Development (EMD) Team, which uses market systems development to stimulate economic growth to create wealth and jobs for the poorest while maximizing investment from the private and public sectors. As a member of the EMD team, the Market Systems Officer will contribute analytical thinking and innovative approaches and will support integration and harmony of approaches across all Mercy Corps Ethiopia market-driven programming.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Coordinate and organize project participant targeting, selection and registration in the master project participants
● Develop detailed plan for implementation of selected activities, including roles, timeframe, desired outcomes
● Develop, implement, monitor progress of work plans that can be adaptively managed
● Ensure that market systems work captures and responds to up-to-date information about market developments within respective market systems and global best practices for Economic & Markets Development.
● Manage all required documentation and reporting required by the donor
● Regularly visit field activities to assess progress and provide formal and informal feedback.
● Facilitate emergency response training and workshops for Afar region and partner staff.
● With mentorship from Market System Development advisor, lead Cash Transfer Programming initiative and emergency preparedness micro-planning.
● Assist in set up, implementation and monitoring of beneficiary feedback mechanism.
● Support the Market systems Advisor on develop final report providing summary of activities and recommendations
● Adhere to Mercy Corps, donor and government policies and procedures
● Represent Mercy Corps professionally in the responsibility areas as to bring credit and to maintain its humanitarian and development mission;
● Other duties as assigned.
Finance & Compliance Management
● Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to emergency programming.
● Draft and/or review scope of work to hire and manage any technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.
REPRESENTATION AND COORDINATION
● Liaise with local government officials, local NGOs and civil society organizations, local religious leaders, and other notables to ensure support for and acceptance of Mercy Corps programs.
● Maintain close working relationships with donors, other humanitarian and development organizations, and local partners, including representing Mercy Corps at local coordination meetings as assigned.
● Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
● Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
● Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
● As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Knowledge and Experience
● Experience in the emergency activity implementations and private sector is strongly preferred
● Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, economics, business administration or other related fields, or commensurate private sector or field experience is required
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the private sector or working with other agencies in market systems facilitation, agribusiness, or financial services
● Ability and willingness to drive motorcycles are greatly preferred.
● Fluent in English
● Business-minded, entrepreneurial, curious, great problem-solving skills, unafraid to ask questions, and results motivated.
● Excellent communication, facilitation, and networking skills with a wide range of actors across geographical areas
● Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicants personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 07 October 2021/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following address:
Note: Please make sure that you mention the position title in the subject line of your email application.
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33 , Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974
Gambella Merc Cops Office: in person