The European Institute of Peace is looking for exceptional individuals and companies who share our vision for a world where people live in safety and peace because conflicts and grievances are resolved through inclusive dialogue and lasting political agreements.
We provide practical experience, technical expertise, and policy advice on conflict resolution. We use a variety of tools to help us do this, including analysis, mapping and design of peace processes and agreements, facilitating policy discussions, and proposing practical engagement, for example through inclusive dialogue and mediation support.
Based in Brussels and active in over a dozen countries, the European Institute of Peace is an independent organisation working collaboratively with European decision-makers, the parties to the conflict, and those who represent people suffering from insecurity or at risk of violence, as well as the conflict prevention, resolution and mediation community.
Our innovative approach to peace enables us to be agile, creative, and effective in everything we do, and these are key qualities we look for in our team members. See www.eip.org for more information
We are looking for an Ethiopia Security Sector Analyst based in Ethiopia to support the Peace Practice and Innovation Unit.
He/she will be reporting to the Responding to Violent Extremism Program Manager.
Terms of References
Duties and responsibilities
- The production of a research paper on the special police in Ethiopia
- Detailing the historical and political development of the regional special police;
- Identifying the relevant laws and policies related to the regional special police;
- Describing the current strength and capabilities of regional special police forces;
- Analysing the potential security ramifications of the growth of regional special police;
- Identifying policy recommendations.
- An excellent understanding of Ethiopian politics, and security challenges of Ethiopia in particular;
- Demonstrable experience in writing and/or reporting on Ethiopia;
- Excellent network, sources, and contacts in the Ethiopian security sector;
- Fluency in English, with any of the languages spoken in Ethiopia a significant benefit;
- Be based in Ethiopia and/or with the right to work in Ethiopia;
- Submission of a proposal outlining the methodology for the assignment.
The Institute offers
- A service contract from 1 April 2021 to 8 August 2021;
- Maximum budget available for this tender: 20 000 EUR.
How to apply
Please submit in English:
• A service proposal, with a description of the services, fees, and methodology;
• The CVs of personnel involved.
Submit to: email@example.com
The deadline is 10 March 2021 close of business (COB). The successful candidate will be selected based on the most competitive offer, including the technical and financial proposal.
Job in Ethiopia by The European Institute of Peace