Job in Ethiopia: ICAP Ethiopia currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Management Specialist based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Emergency Management Specialists
(ICAP Ethiopia Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by ICAP Ethiopia
- Organization: ICAP
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior level
- Occupational Groups:
- Health Care
- Development and Project Management
- Years of experience: 5+ years
- Number of positions: one
Job Description of Emergency Management Specialist
Number of position: One
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
The Emergency Management Specialist will be responsible for providing expert support to the national/regional public health emergency response program in anticipating, preventing, preparing for, detecting, responding to, controlling and recovering from consequences of public health threats in order to minimize health and related impacts of natural and manmade disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of Case based surveillance team leader, the incumbent will be responsible for:
· Researching various regions prone to natural disasters and coming up with specific preparedness plans.
- Working with agencies and local institutions to plan specific emergency responses
· Design curriculum and administer emergency training activities
- Training members of the public, public agencies and private organizations in public health emergency response protocols
- In the event of a health emergency, assisting in coordination of relief efforts
- Supporting diverse federal, regional, sub-regional and local entities to maximize coordination in public health emergency preparedness and relief efforts.
- Assisting in ensuring public health emergency preparedness plans adhere to federal, and regional, regulations and guidelines
- Developing and performing tests and evaluations of emergency management plans in accordance with federal and regional regulations and guidelines.
- Inspecting facilities such as emergency management centers and communication equipment in order to ensure their operational and functional capabilities in emergency situations.
- Maintaining and updating resource materials required for emergency preparedness plans and implementation.
- Developing instructional materials for the general public, and making presentations to beneficiaries in order to provide information on emergency plans and their implementation.
- Preparing status reports on the recovery efforts, needs, and preliminary damage assessments for health emergency situations.
- Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory and technological changes, or knowledge gained from experiences from previous emergency situations.
- Undertaking other relevant activities as guided by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in emergency management, public safety, or a related field
- At least five years of experience in health emergency management preferably in setting up and managing Emergency Operation Center (EOC).
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
- The flexibility to make quick decisions as disasters change and develop.
- Excellent skills in use of computing and communication facilities as related to his job descriptions
- Demonstrated attitudes in working effectively with colleagues and various teams.
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – April 10, 2021