International Rescue Committee – IRC is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Education Officer
Job by International Rescue Committee – IRC
About The IRC
We are, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international Non-Governmental organizations, providing relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Under the direct supervision of the camp manager and technical oversight of CYPD Manager in Shire, the Education Officer is responsible for the refugee education timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of agreed activities. The Education Officer is also responsible to liaise with other sectors within IRC to achieve the project objectives
Key Job functions/responsibilities
- Involves in clients’ data gathering on regular basis.
- Ensures the quality day-to-day implementation of the education activities.
- Keeps the record of number of clients in the target refugee camp with age and gender segregated.
- Works very closely with supply chain and finance to deliver the project activities on time.
- Works with the parent teacher associations and other community structure to ensure that children are enrolled and maintained in the ECCD centers.
- Conducts in-service teachers/facilitators trainings based on teachers training needs.
- Conducts classroom observation on regular basis and mentor ECCD facilitators/teachers and provide timely and constructive feedback.
- Facilitates teachers learning circle (TLC) as a group capacity building approach.
- Ensures that the teaching and learning process is going on based on the curriculum and lesson plans.
- Develops procurement, activity and spending plans once the budget is released.
- Ensures effective budget management based on existing tools (PR tracking and BvA) to avoid under or over-spending. Tracks the PR on regular basis to ensure appropriate budget management.
- Communicates on regular basis to both the field office and/or Addis team on progresses and any challenges.
- Represents the IRC in any coordination meetings at the local/refugee level.
- Drafts monthly reports based on the IRC template and quarterly reports on the donor template.
- BA/BED in Education, Education Planning and Management or other fields related to the position.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in the education sector
- NGO experience is a plus
- Experience in managing emergency projects
- Good technical and report writing skill
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and local language is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
- Able to function effectively in a changing work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with competing needs and pressure.
- Committed to the IRC’s mission, purpose, and values.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter only through Ethiojobs
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.