Plan International is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education In Emergency (EIE) Coordinator in Semera, Afar, Ethiopia.
JOB TITLE: Education In Emergency (EIE) Coordinator
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- To provide overall coordination of Education in Emergency (EiE) project of PIE in the intervention areas.
- To implement, monitor & follow up and report all EiE/recovery projects in accordance with funding agreement and budget allocation made by Plan International Ethiopia’s Country Office and Program Area’s (PA).
- To assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities of Education in Emergency and host community education programs.
- Facilitate EiE project implementation in collaboration with Regional, Zonal and woreda education offices and provide reports on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to PIE PA and CO and all concerned bodies.
- Representing PIE in in high profile different education technical working meeting, cluster, camp level coordination meetings and other technical working group meeting as necessary.
Related to Program Design;
- Facilitate and collect baseline information and data from in line with EiE project from woreda and submit to PA and CO for further analysis.
- Facilitate signing of project agreements and MOU with concerned the regional government sectors offices and submit to PA and CO for documentation.
Related to Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Facilitate quality monitoring and joint supervision with concerned government sectors, PIE and UNICEF and take timely action in consultation with education offices and PIE.
- In close coordination with Emergency Response and Recovery sector and program effectiveness team develop project monitoring tools and utilize them efficiently.
- Manage and oversee the development, implementation, monitoring and tracking of work plans and budgets.
- Provide operational guidelines and procedures for use by all partners implementing the program
Related to Reporting and Documentation;
- Ensure high quality reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to the donor and PIE requirements.
- Ensure to develop weekly project progress report that should be submitted to Emergency Response and Recovery sector ,UNICEF and for internal consumption.
- Monitor the impact of the EiE project and ensure the proper documentation of best practices for future emergency works.
Related to coordination, partnership and networking
- Ensure regular participation in Education, NFI, Shelter and other related clusters, task force meetings, networks and other platforms at zonal and woreda levels and ensure timely sharing of information collected within woreda, zone and PIE.
- Provide other related supports as required
Related to capacity building support
- Provide adequate technical support to EiE and ECCD Offices and partners in the area of planning and programming projects focusing on education in emergency.
- Participate on EiE related TOT trainings and workshops and cascade the training to concerned government experts, school structures and local communities.
- Have adequate leadership capacity to manage multi-sectorial staffs and provide necessary support the EiE & ECCD officers and other teams as needed.
- BA/BSc degree in Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Administration, Pedagogy and other related fields.
B. Work Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of humanitarian aid experience applied in emergency/recovery response operations preferably in the area of education in emergency/recovery, refugee experience is more preferable
- Basic knowledge on Minimum standards for education highly knowledgeable and conversant of child protection and education in relation to emergencies.
- Good understanding and experience in program management (assessment, designing, planning, implementation, report writing, monitoring and evaluation etc…) and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in working on emergencies and be familiar with Minimum standards for education – preparedness, response and recovery.
- Good knowledge of donor grants and contract regulations.
- Refugee Response management experience is highly desirable and have added value
- Ability to deliver quality programs in a short time and work under stressful conditions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
- Computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Gender sensitive.
- Proposal and report writing skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in December 17, 2020. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link Plan_Int_Application_Form .
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.