Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: FHI 360 is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of MERL Advisor in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Title: MERL Advisor
(FHI 360 Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Vacancy in Ethiopia by FHI 360
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- conomics, statistics, biostatistics
- Closing Date: Jul 30, 2021
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: MERL Advisor in Ethiopia ** Please note – this position is subject to project award and funding.
- Lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet national and donor reporting requirements;
- Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting;
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Government counterparts and other key stakeholders;
- Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in a quantitative field required (economics, statistics, biostatistics, or other relevant field);
- A minimum of 8-11 years of progressively responsible technical experience;
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects;
- Experience and knowledge of theories of change, logic models, M&E plans, SBC indicators, data quality assurance, data utilization, and experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Strong background or formal training in evaluating international development programs;
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas).
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How to apply
Please click HERE to apply directly to FHI 360’s Career Page.