Creative is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party – Operations in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Ethiopia. The DCOP is to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the program. The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) and provide overall day-to-day management and coordination of project operations and administration, including logistical management, finances, grants, human resources, and procurement. S/he should have appropriate levels of complementary expertise, professional and work experience to support the COP and coherent and effective program coordination, and possess the relevant management, communication, and interpersonal skills to fulfill this role.
- The program will contribute to the ability of Ethiopian sub-national government to meet citizen needs and to citizen engagement in governance;
- Project will meet deliverables on time and within budget
- The project will be in compliance with the project contract and USAID regulations.
- Coordination with other implementers, Government of Ethiopia institutions, and other key stakeholders improves synergies and increases the impact of the project.
- As a member of the senior project management team, actively participate in all project work planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting processes;
- Manage the contractual implementation of program activities, to include oversight of procurement processes, development of service agreements, and milestone verification;
- Ensure project activities are implemented in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practices, in coordination with project and client staff;
- Manage Ethiopia-based project operations staff, in collaboration with technical backstops at Creative HQ;
- Provide overarching activity-based operations and procurement support to all project components;
- As needed, support the revision and/or creation of new project standard operating procedures for implementation of activities;
- Review draft activity budgets to ensure that costs are reasonable and allowable;
- Provide direction to the other project teams on activity budgets, timelines and feasibility;
- Working in collaboration with the COP, ensure staff are effectively implementing administrative and financial procedures compliant with Creative and donor policies;
- Mentor, develop, train and lead Operations staff;
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation for both vendors and staff involved in vendor relations;
- Oversee the solicitation, award and management of subcontracts, purchase orders, and other procurements;
- Oversee the solicitation, award and outputs of sub-awards to partners in collaboration with the COP;
- Identify potential and actual activity-based risks and take appropriate mitigation measures;
- Investigate, identify and implement new ways of achieving activity efficiencies; and
- Coordinate as necessary and in coordination with other members of the project management team, with other implementing partners operating in the same fields of operation.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience with Master’s degree and twelve (12) years of experience with Bachelor’s degree working in governance programs, including experience with a contractor or international NGO with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Experience with operations, finance, procurement, and/or grants;
- Experience advancing equity and inclusion of women, youth, and other marginalized groups;
- Familiarity with and experience in Ethiopia is preferred, but not required;
- Fluency in English required;
- Proficiency in Amharic and/or other Ethiopian languages preferred.
How to apply
Find job in Ethiopia, job in ethiopia 2021, job in ethiopian airlines, job in ethiopian embassy, job in ethiopia for civil engineer, job in ethiopia addis ababa, job in ethiopia university, job in ethiopia 2021, job in ethiopia for fresh graduates, job in ethiopia bank, job in ethiopia ngo, job in ethiopian university, job in ethiopia accounting, job in ethiopia airlines, job in ethiopia engineering, job in ethiopia by agriculture, job in ethiopia reporter, job vacancy in ethiopia university, job vacancies in ethiopia for fresh graduates, job vacancy in ethiopian sugar corporation, jobs in adama Ethiopia, jobs in au Ethiopia, job vacancy in ethiopia addis ababa, job vacancy in ethiopia addis zemen, job vacancy in ethiopia agriculture, job vacancies in ethiopia at 2021, ngo jobs in ethiopia addis ababa, job application ethiopia.com, job agency Ethiopia, job at Ethiopia, jobs in ethiopia – by ethiopage.com, jobs in ethiopia by ethiojobs.net, jobs in ethiopia by category, jobs in ethiopia by computer science, jobs in ethiopia by ethiojobs.com, job vacancy in ethiopia by accounting, job vacancy in ethiopia by mechanical engineering, job vacancy in ethiopia by civil engineering, job vacancy in ethiopia by chemical engineering, job vacancy in ethiopia by statistics, job vacancy in ethiopia by water engineering, job vacancy in ethiopia by chemistry, job vacancy in Ethiopia, geology job vacancy in ethiopia , electrical engineering job vacancy in Ethiopia, ngo jobs in ethiopia , job in ethiopia civil engineering job in etijobs.com, jobs in ethiopia computer science, job in care Ethiopia, job vacancy in ethiopia chemical engineering, job vacancy in ethiopia construction, job vacancy in ethiopia.com, job vacancy in ethiopia currently, job vacancy in ethiopia cbe jobs in ethiopia