Job in Ethiopia: Vision Fund Micro Finance Institution (VFMFI) S.C. is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Branch Manager in Nekemte, Oromia, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Deputy Branch Manager
(New Jobs in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Vision Fund Micro Finance Institution S.C.
About the Organization:
Vision Fund Microfinance Institution (VFMFI) has been in operation since 1999 as a regulated and legally registered Microfinance service provider in Ethiopia. Since then the Institution has been in business to cater services to its clients in the capital and three regional states namely Oromia, Amhara, and SNNPR. The MFI is gearing up with the strategic objective of becoming a large-scale sustainable, rural focused financial institution that makes significant impact on the lives of poor communities through provision of customer oriented credit and saving services.
FMO will guarantee 65% of a USD 4 mln equivalent loan in Ethiopian Birr, obtained by VFMFI from the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE).
Vision Fund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. Vision Fund is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country.
Vision Fund MFI is currently looking for candidates for a Branch Manager role. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
1. Major Responsibilities
Manages overall portfolio growth and portfolio quality
· Ensures verification of existence of clients and credit worthiness of their business
· Chairs the Branch Credit Committee (BCC) and participates in evaluating, approving, or rejecting loans according to the level of discretion;
· Ensure saving deposit and withdrawals in accordance to the policies,
· Coordinates on growth areas and projections for disbursements
· Plans and controls the liquidity of the branch; repayment of loans.
Manages, coordinates and supervise branch staff and ensures efficient delivery of service delivery operations
· Coordinate and supervise the operation of the branch,
· Plans personnel capacity, selecting new staff, undertakes fair & equitable HRM and evaluating existing staff in accordance with management decisions;
· Supervises economical use of material resources (Generator, Motorcycles & Vehicles) ensures same are serviced on time & as scheduled.
· Ensures that the branch staff maintain very high morale, identifies capacity building needs and ensures adequate and updated training is provided;
· Undertakes annual performance appraisals and staff development plans.
Manages the branch and ensures compliance with all policies and procedures
· Implements policies, procedures and internal controls at the branch
· Decides on all operational & financial issues within the framework of existing regulations and management decisions;
Reporting and communication
· Performs independent balancing of all records;
· Works with other management members of the MFI;
· Attends quarterly branch managers’ meetings, engages in team problem solving, works together on overlapping tasks.
Planning & Integration
· Develops the branch business plan and annual work plans and seeks approval from the SMT on the projected targets and required resources;
· Adjusts the plan as and when needed
· Promotes loans, saving and any other services provided by the Branch
· Plans and initiates promotional measures within the target markets of the branch;
· networks with local authorities other MFIs and communities
2. Qualification and Technical Skill Required
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
· University degree/diploma in economics, accounting, business administration, management, banking, marketing, cooperative, agricultural economics, agriculture or related social sciences and business fields;
· Related experience of 5 years for degree and 7 years for diploma
· Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
· Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of rectitude
· Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
· Be proficient in Microsoft office applications
· Able to plan and manage finances, including a basic understanding of accounting.
· Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
· Very good communication and marketing skills
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfil the above requirements can submit the application letter, updated curriculum vitae with names and addresses of up to 3 references and non-returnable copies of credentials in person to: Nekemte, Sire, Ambo Branches ,or North West Area Office (Ambo) or VFE_Vacancy@wvi.org.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply!