The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Cash and Market Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Cash and Market Officer (1 year fixed term position, extendable based on budget availability)
Job in Ethiopia by The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Cash and Market Officer (1 year fixed term position, extendable based on budget availability), based in Addis Ababa.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Situation/Problem Analysis and Needs Assessments
· In information exchange with the field teams, s/he guides the team in relation to data collection and analysis.
· Maintains adequate communication and coordination within EcoSec team and with other Assistance departments, as well as the Protection Department when required, when planning data collection activities,
· Contributes to the set-up and conduct of needs assessments involving/focusing on data collection for cash transfer programs in Ethiopia
· Updates his direct superior on data collection activities in relation to planned and ongoing cash activities of other humanitarian actors in Ethiopia
Project/program design, planning and implementation
· Maintains and adapts as required a Master database for all beneficiaries of cash transfer programs in Ethiopia
· Maintains individual databases for individual transfer programs
· Issues verification and payment lists
· Maintains records of payments and follow-up for all beneficiary lists but also for individual beneficiaries
· Ensures that appropriate specification for required cash inputs/services is available and inputted in SR’s related to cash projects,
· Follows the progress of the requisition process concerning cash inputs from the launching of SR’s until the distribution in the field,
· Issues monthly and weekly financial forecasts on behalf of the Cash Unit
· Maintains price monitoring database for Ethiopia
· Conducts response analysis of different types of cash interventions (SWOT approach), associated risks and mitigation measures, including appropriateness and feasibility aspects and provides support to other involved staff when required
· Ensures that the implementation of cash transfer programmes are carried out in line with the set objectives, timeframe, allocated budget and the internally adopted coordination mechanisms
· Participates actively in the design, planning and implementation of cash projects/program review and evaluation.
· Liaises closely with and directs the activities of Field Officers in Ethiopia conducting cash transfer programs
Project/program monitoring and evaluation
· Ensures that the data collection is structured and maintained in a way that assists in follow-up monitoring in the field
· Produces demographic data reports on beneficiary groups as requested
Other EcoSec activities
· Supports the EcoSec Department General Assistant in other database duties as required.
OFFICE ACTIVITIES – (60%)
· Reports to his/her direct supervisor on the progress of beneficiary verification as appropriate
· Writes and produces data to be included in EcoSec Quarterly reporting and any other report such as budget or annual planning reports as required
Administration – Finance
· Ensures necessary administrative work is implemented on time
· Knows, applies and complies with all the administrative procedures linked to his work
· Keeps the program file updated at all times, monthly statistic reports, notably budget follow up table, and verification and payment lists
Staff training – Management
· Coaches and motivates EcoSec FO’s involved in data collection activities for cash transfer activities
· Maintains regular exchange with the EcoSec Trainer concerning the identification of the training needs among the EcoSec FO’s and/or involved implementing partners in relation to cash interventions.
· Registers and treats information (general and specific) accurately and with confidentiality,
· Maintains regular contacts with the relevant authorities and other interlocutors (NGO’s, associations, etc.) and exchanges information as required.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES – (10%)
Support to the department
· Provides general support and advice on data collection and database management for the Department & Delegation as a whole
· Participates actively in meetings linked to the implementation of cash component of the program.
· Updates his/her superior about assessment findings and planned or ongoing cash projects/programs of the relevant authorities and other humanitarian actors in Ethiopia,
· Acts as reference point during supervisor’s absences,
· Presents synthesis of problems arising succinctly and accurately.
- University degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Social Science, Development Studies, or other relevant discipline
- 6 years’ work experience in food security and/or cash programming, out of 6years 4 years’ work experience in database management with a large organisation dealing with large multi-faceted databases
- Advanced experience, skills and knowledge with working with MS Excel, MS Access and other database tools
- Experience with GIS tools (particularly Google Earth) with an ability to produce maps based on location data
- Very good analytical skills & strong attention to detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Team leadership skills
- Very good communication skills
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: January 31, 2021
Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process