Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: FHI 360 is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Capacity and Institution Strengthening Advisor in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Title: Capacity and Institution Strengthening Advisor
(FHI 360 Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Vacancy in Ethiopia by FHI 360
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- organizational development, public health, social science
- Closing Date: Jul 30, 2021
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Capacity and Institution Strengthening Advisor in Ethiopia*This position is subject to project award and funding.*
- Assess organizational systems and SBC capacity and develop tailored technical assistance plans with selected partners
- Lead the design, delivery and monitoring of technical assistance plans to strengthen partner, CSO, and community structures’ ability to design, implement, and evaluate evidence-based SBC, in SBC leadership and coordination, and around related areas such as research and M&E, organization development, project platforms and materials, and on focal health SBC areas
- Design strategies, coordinate, and support the delivery of capacity strengthening-related activities in diverse areas of organizational development (leadership and management, financial management, human resources management, partner relations, outreach to beneficiaries and communications with multiple audiences, program monitoring and evaluation, technology utilization and others).
- Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate technical capacity is strengthened in various programmatic areas, particularly SBC and health, in collaboration with other technical teams.
- Ensure integration of capacity strengthening with other technical support activities for partners.
- Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in organizational development, public health, social science or a related field
- A minimum of 8-11 years of experience in progressively increasing responsibility in design and managing complex capacity (organizational and technical) and institution strengthening programs in developing countries involving multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience working with civil society, CSOs, and/or community in capacity strengthening programs in the Ethiopia. Strong knowledge of, and experience with organizational development of CSOs in challenging environments, and ability to inform content, materials development, methodology of organizational development activities.
- Understanding of the status and challenges facing CSOs and civil society in Ethiopia
- Proven ability to provide flexible and high-quality capacity strengthening support to project partners, stakeholders, and staff.
- Experience developing curricula, training materials and assessment tools for organizational development.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong understanding and previous experience working with, advising and providing capacity strengthening to the Government of Ethiopia and Ethiopian non-governmental organizations/civil society organizations (NGOs/CSOs) and private sector organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of capacity strengthening methodologies at the system, organization, and individual level
- Professional training and experience with adult learning methods, training or facilitation, organizational capacity assessments, mapping and planning
- Strong understanding and expertise in SBC
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How to apply
Please click HERE to apply directly to FHI 360’s Career Page.