Save the Children
Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia: Save the Children is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Country Director in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Deputy Country Director
(Save the Children Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Save the Children
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- development, social sciences
- Closing Date: July 21, 2021
Deputy Country Director – Program Implementation
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Deputy Country Director, Program Implementation (DCD-PI) has a significant share in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office. The DCD-PI in her/his capacity is responsible for implementation of all program implementation (with the exception of research / technical projects) in country including the management of all sub offices, humanitarian preparedness and response (including DRR). Performs other related tasks as required and as assigned by his/her supervisor. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The number of direct reports for this role will be; Director of Program Implementation, Chief of Parties, Humanitarian Director, Supply Chain Director, National Program Directors
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Recommended a minimum of 12 years of experience in a non-profit environment, including senior leadership experience and field operations experience ideally running both emergency and development programs
- Master’s Degree in development or other social sciences or relevant degree plus experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; excellent people management skills, experience of managing and developing a team
- Excellent external representation skills at high level with the government, donors and other partners
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian and development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sectoral working relationships
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems with effective and efficient ways to accomplish goals
- Ability to make decisions, work under pressure on a number of competing tasks meeting deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a complex political environment and on sensitive issues
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes and fast-paced work environment
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Experience in complex, rapid changing environments
- Experience in, and/or knowledge of, Ethiopia or the region is preferred
- Good understanding of sectoral programs (i.e. Education, Livelihoods, WASH, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition) and a working knowledge of the program priorities of the Country Office
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
- Willingness to travel to implementation sites for technical monitoring and supervision visits
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Contract duration: 3 years
Location: Ethiopia Country Office
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wOTkxNy4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20