Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Jobs in Ethiopia: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Finance Manager (Programs) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Deputy Finance Manager (Programs)
(Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director)
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Accounting and Finance
- Closing Date: Jun 13, 2021
Internal/External Job Announcements
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Deputy Finance Manager (Programs)
June 13, 2021
You will oversee all activities that ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and documentation of the Finance Department’s accounting operations and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, yearly, and as-needed) in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will help set the standard for the Country Program’s (CP’s) financial stewardship through professional maintenance, utilization, and analysis of all cash resources controlled by the CP.
· Oversee accounting processes, policies, and service delivery and maintain accounting controls to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording and management of financial transactions and internal controls in compliance with CRS’ financial management policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
· Ensure SunSystems financial accounting package is updated with relevant information for capturing accurate financial data (such as daily exchange/conversion rates, cost allocation tools, posting of transactions, etc.).
· Review and analyze financial reports, including cost allocation of shared costs, to verify financial transactions. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure all transactions are accurately stated and appropriately classified. Work with relevant staff to address irregularities and resolve accounting issues and ensure correction of accounting entries and payroll.
· Serve as the key point person on all issues related to financial transaction records. Provide proactive advice, support, and capacity building to managers, staff, and subrecipients to ensure compliance with standards and proper records of financial transactions, as well as to support strengthening of internal control.
· Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated timely as per established reporting schedules and assist staff and subrecipients with financial reports analysis.
· Oversee maintenance of a good filing system of required supporting documentation to ensure easy access and retrieval, and a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
· Ensure efficient management of cash flows and availability of sufficient and optimal cash in the CP’s operating account through monitoring cash balances (both cash-in-bank and cash-on-hand), preparing bank reconciliations, analyzing and forecasting cash needs.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· MA/BA Degree in Finance/Financial Management/or related field of study with 5 years relevant experience for MA degree or 8 years’ relevant experience for BA Degree in a busy finance environment. Out of which a minimum of three years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an International NGO.
· ACCA Certification is desired
· Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
· Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
· Knowledge of local law in the area of taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
· Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
· Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
· Accuracy and completeness with a strong eye for detail
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
· Ability to work collaboratively
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Key Working Relationships:
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through this link; https://form.jotform.com/211532093578558 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline June 13, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**