Save The Children
Jobs in Ethiopia: Save the Children is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program manager –ECHO Award in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Program manager –ECHO Award
(Save the Children Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Save the Children
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Development and Project Management,
- Closing Date: Jun 09, 2021
· Coordinate the implementation of the ECHO Humanitarian response projects.
• Ensure that Save the Children’s interventions are implemented to a high quality and effectively coordinated and managed with appropriate levels of technical support.
• Advise on, and co-lead the recruitment of the project teams to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and impact of our interventions with the budget available
• Strengthen all areas of Save the Children’s response by providing management support and mentoring to the field-based project managers
• Advise the POD, Humanitarian Director, and/or DCD operations in Addis on support requirements from both the Country Office to strengthen Save the Children’s drought recovery and IDP programs.
• Ensure high quality program implementation at scale that impacts positively on the lives of children and other vulnerable refugees and that meets with Save the Children’s Standard Operating Standards, SPHERE standards and our commitments to donors and the Government of Ethiopia.
· Work closely with the POD and the assigned Field Office Manager to manage the allocation and use of the budget, liaise between the project managers at field level.
· Conduct regular visits to field implementation sites in affected areas to update program analysis.
· Work closely with logistics to follow up and ensure the procurement done at CO level is initiated and processed timely. Facilitate the coordination between the field teams and the CO logistics & finance team
· Work closely with the operations and PDQ teams to ensure timely and adequate Technical specialist support to the programs, including frequent field visits. Ensure TS reports are disseminated to the field and recommendations are implemented
Representation and Coordination
· Coordination with other partners and implementers at Addis level.
· Sharing minutes of the coordination meeting and disseminate these to the field project managers and all relevant parties.
· Ensure Addis level coordination with other SCI programs, specifically in the affected areas and response programs. Facilitate field level coordination
Reporting and MEAL
· Ensure that effective M&E and accountability mechanisms are in place and that relevant information, statistics and analysis are provided in a timely way for donor reports, situation reports, project proposals, case studies and communications.
· Contribute to the development and documentation of best practices and their dissemination to a variety of internal and external audiences.
Coordinate the data input and co-responsible for report writing for all narrative and program data reporting requirements, ensure with the support of the larger PDQ and OPS teams that the data is clean, segregated where needed and timely compiled. Ensure partners deliver timely and all have joint and consistent indicators.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
§ Masters or Bachelors in humanitarian assistance or related field relevant to Save the Children’s program themes/sectors.
§ Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management, specifically in emergency response and coordination with an INGO.
§ Experience managing ECHO funded projects.
§ Expertise in joint (multiple actor) program operations, grant management and project planning and coordination.
§ Excellent analytical writing skills in English.
§ Strong interpersonal communication skills and experience in managing diverse teams of national and international staff are a prerequisite.
§ Ability to take personal responsibility for completing tasks to a high standard and to meet deadlines.
§ Willingness to work flexibly and professionally in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
§ Ability to work in a challenging work environment with minimal direct supervision.
§ Functioning language is English, fluency in local language an advantage.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en